christinehester's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 4:21 PM

how do i connect my phone

I recently had Uverse installed in my home but did not have a home phone for them to connect when they did the install.  I now have the phone and would like to know how to connect it and where to connect it for that matter lol.  I don't see an open phone jack or unused cord to plug it in to and don't want to put it in the wrong place.  Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Christine Hester

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

Your final setup should look like this. Smiley Happy

Setup2.png

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Christine. If your phone is a traditional landline, you need a (regular) Y-splitter (better if you use a DSL splitter) and some micro-filters.

1. Plug the Y-splitter to the phone jack on the wall.

2. Plug the modem line on one of the open ports.

3. Plug a microfilter to the other open port.

4. Plug the landline phone unit to the microfilter.

Setup.png

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you so much!  This made it very clear and easy to connect it!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

If anyone else wanders by here looking for how to connect your phone for U-verse voice, vs POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service), this is not your diagram in this thread.  This is for those maintaining the old POTS service in parallel with U-verse.

I have looked and looked all over and cannot find a diagram that shows how U-verse Voice should be connected.  I'm surprised because I thought I'd seen a full diagram for every device.  The closest thing I came to was the 3600 diagram (2Wire/Pace 3600HGV Installation) but even that didn't show U-verse Voice connections.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks.  I figured it out by myself, finally. 

Cathy Watson

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Jeff. For the Uverse Voice (VOIP) physical setup, just plug the phone directly to the gray port of the RG. That's it. Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.