vidbuff's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Aug 28, 2021 3:10 AM

How do I configure the Netgear 7550 DSL modem pass through mode and use an external router?

I have a NetGear 7550 and I want to use a Google Nest WiFi mesh router. So I want to disable the router in the NetGear and have it pass the Public WAN IP address (and all WAN traffic) to the Google Nest WiFi router.

What are the appropriate NetGear setting to do this?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

10 m ago

Have you called Netgear or asked in the Netgear forums?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

10 m ago

@KevinSr48 I use the Netgear Orbi system and it was worked extremely well for us for over 3 years now (since we moved into our new home which is a lot bigger than our previous one). What helps for us is that both of our home theater systems are hardwired so that frees up more bandwidth for our WiFi devices (about 15 at any given time).

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.2K Messages

10 m ago

If you have a Netgear 7550, your a LEGACY DSL account with best internet speed of 6

If desire is to connect more devices on wireless your best speed remains at same level as current, only dividing the available bandwidth to more devices resulting in lowering overall performance.

If a different ISP is not available offering faster speed, you may want to decide which device(s) need internet and reduce the non essentials. 

Just my thoughts...

https://broadbandnow.com/

enter your zip code to find ISPs for the zip code, may not offer service at your address.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.