Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
A
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

Mon, Jun 25, 2018 9:03 PM

Has the ARRIS NVG589 firmware been updated to fix the KRACK & SharknAT&To security vulnerabilities?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

Absolutely not!  You must use the firmware provided by att which pushes its own updates in a schedule att deems is necessary.  They make additional changes for which includes such things as registration validation.

Update:

If you read further down that page you linked to you will see the following:

AT&T Subscribers

If you are an AT&T High Speed Internet subscriber, please be advised that you already have the latest firmware installed on your AT&T device.  Attempting to use the firmware listed on this page to update your AT&T modem may cause irreversible damage to the device and may void warranty on your product.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

2 years ago

Is there a way to force a firmware install? I read that it might help fix what I suspect is a malware issue.

I called technical support and they claim a router can’t become infected, and then they actually expect either $15/month with a 12 month commitment, or a one time $49 fee! I'm going to be moving out of town by the end of the year, and I'm pretty sure which service I WON’T be choosing! As if their thieving executives need it…

Get started...

Ask a new question