• 

5 Messages

Sunday, May 3rd, 2020 3:04 AM

Closed

Firmware Update for Arris BGW210-700

Can someone please tell me

(1) what is the latest firmware for our Arris BGW210-700

(2) where can I go to download the latest firmware

I know how to access my router, but after 1+ hours of searching I can't seem to locate the firmware anywhere on the ATT site.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

I am currently running 2.9.4 for more than 1 and half years or could be more longer. I had issues with 2.4 and 5 GHz conflicts when using the same SSID so I decided to Google search and see other ATT fiber users are having the same problem. It seems like everyone has the same issue. So I separated SSID names on both 2.4 and 5 GHz. Since that change made no more connection loss or poor connections. But I was still not satisfied with the ARRIS BGW210 wireless speed which it was not giving me a good result that made me decide to purchase Linksys EA7500 from Facebook markets for my small apartment. 

I am currently connected as IP passthrough on BGW210 with 1Giagabit. So far I have full speed with wired connect to my desktop and wireless connection  both up/down were 450 ~ 500 MBPs which makes sense because I'm using wireless. If you are expecting to have a full Gigabit speed wirelessly I suggest purchasing a higher performance router like EA9500 or WIFI 6(AX) capability device. 

I still not sure if it was causing by the firmware but I do not care anymore.

The reason I use IP passthrough 

ARRIS DOESN'T HAVE USB MEDIA ACCESS.

ARRIS DOESN'T HAVE DEDICATED WIRELESS TYPE LIKE "AC ONLY MODE"

I agree with firmware upgrade since the device capability is really (S***S)!! I do not like when ATT trying to controlling every customers. I am still waiting for Google fiber around my area.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Replying to ArchStar. How do you do all that. My connection is horrible. Will try anything to improve it. I have this BGW210 and I also have a connector that's suppose to be some kind of booster but my speed is excruciating.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

@Skinni39 

First I would like to know your current wireless environment. Do you living in house or apartment? If you see bunch of SSID in your living place then I suggest to change your wireless channel as well along with separating SSID for both 2.4 and 5.

Before you do this make sure to connect your PC using ethernet cable to your BGW210.

Open the browser and enter 192.168.1.254

And you should see gateway user interface. But you need the passcode.

Then follow the picture and look for advanced option in WIFI tab.

Once you click advanced option you should be able to change the SSID.

It's up to you if you want to change both of them or just only 2.4GHz.

You can change wireless password on both or keep as current.

If you scroll down on each 2.4 and 5 GHz section you will see wireless mode.

I chose N and G on 2.4 and AC with wireless channel 11 and N on 5 GHz(Don't remember the channel but I chose higher number). If you experiencing difficult to connect one of these wireless then you need to reduce the wireless channel.

Please note I can't guarantee your internet speed increase by changing this settings. But at least this will gives you stable connection. When I had same issue I wasn't happy with speed so I decided to buy used router.

Can you please upload the picture of your booster? Not sure what kind of device are you talking about.

It depends how do you want to improve your wireless connection and speeds. Did you want to use one of your own router instead of using BGW210? 

Here is image of mine setup. Red circle is the one I have my own router EA7500. After IP passthrough setting accomplished I no longer need wireless from BGW210 because EA7500 gives me stable and faster connection, Also I don't want any other wireless interference.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

@archstar1982 hey there. just browsing randomly here about the arris bgw210-700. Do you happen to know if its capable of setting up ddns? im port forward my iMessages from my macbook to my samsung s20 via Airmessage. My ports are open and working. Its just that i have to set up the ddns on my router to use the No-ip address.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

@uhhitsfuzzy 

I honestly never tried to use DDNS but below thread is mentioning about issue.

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-equipment/setup-dynamic-dns-ddns-on-arris-bgw210700-router/5df027bebad5f2f606b2f129

IF you have already setup IP Passthrough with your own router you should refer to below web. The guy requested in Linksys community site mentioned about old Arris NVG589 UVerse router from ATT. He basically connected his own Linksys router EA7500 model.

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/DDNS-not-working-on-EA7500/td-p/1064134

You should create your own thread but I do not see many thread and question about DDNS with ATT fiber ARRIS BGW210 but I hope someone can give you instructions.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The latest firmware that I have installed on the ARRIS Model Number BGW210-700 is version 2.9.4 --- this was posted on 12/4/2020 3:31 PM E.T.

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

My router updated to 2.10.6 a week or so ago. So far so good!

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Seems like new firmware just start rolling out. Now I have 2.10.6. Anyone know the change log? What has been improved?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

BGW210 Latest Firmware is 2.11.5

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

2.11.5 just got updated. ATT does not auto-push out updates for the most part. Mine was 2.6.5 before I forced an update. This is a common challenge for all ISP's to maintain their respective firmware across the enterprise. I was successful in downloading 2.7.7.bin but it loaded 2.11.5 instead. Go figure.

FWIW, I am using the IP Passthrough feature into an ASUS router that has a statefull IPTables firewall. It is a complex setup and not for the general population. ATT could simplify by providing switches to fully block ingress connections from Europe, Asia, S. America, Africa... Network Regions and/or provide the capability to make use of dynamic block lists. Just my 2 cents here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.