For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fadynaime's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, April 3rd, 2016 7:30 PM

firmware on 5268ac is older than nvg589. can I update

i finaly got online with my new upgraded speed and new gateway. they gave me the 5268AC by Pace. I previously had the NVG589. looks like the firmware on the 5268ac is running the much older version, which I had 3 years ago on another gateway in a previous apartment (not sure how to check versions). But I know the NVG589 was running a newer version of the software.

is there a way to check on versions and what is the latest. is there a way to update the firmware if its not on the latest?

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

8 years ago

The 5268AC is a very capable RG and unless you are having issues with it I would not worry about the firmware. AT&T automatically update the RG's when appropriate.

What makes you think the software is an older version?

If you want to check go go here in a browser on a device connected to your 5268AC

http://192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/sysinfo.ha

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

the link provided didn't work (page not found) but what I found was the following info.

Upgrade Log

Current Version 10.5.3.527171-att
Initial Software Version 10.5.3.527165-att
5268.install: 527171

I think its an older version. just from the UI perspective. the UI looks like what I had 3 years ago and not 3 weeks ago on the old gateway. unfortunately I didn't look up the version on the previous one. 

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

8 years ago

These two RG's are from two different manufacturers and while their software version numbers will be different they will be the latest for their specific box and may look slightly different.

When you say the UI looks different, how are you accessing the UI that you are talking about?

It also generally reported that that the 5268AC is a large step up from the 589.

If you are not having any performance issues I really would not worry about how the UI looks or it's relationship to the software version.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.