Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
L

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jul 21, 2020 4:11 PM

Fiber white box cord

Is the cord on the left supposed to look like this? My internet was lagging and I was trying to reset the box and noticed that the left green cord may have separated. Will this slow down my internet speed? 

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.8K Messages

6 months ago

The cord on the left is the fiber connection... if broken would have NO PON light, RED ALARM liight and the gateway would not have BROADBAND light... thus no service.

Could the connection be compromised?

Would require scheduling a tech appointment (2 to 4 hour arrival window) to have the connection replaced. The above is an older style fiber end that is ground to an angle.... I prefer the FasTec Fiber ends that are pre angled, has a black boot.

Note the wall plate is also an older version, no longer available, suggesting your install is likely more than 18 months old.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Thanks! It is over 3 years old. I upgraded our internet speed to 1000 since kids will be schooling from home and they only sent me a new modem. Should I ask for a new white box too? The internet is blazing fast now with no lags with 5 devices on at the same time. 

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

the black power cord got chewed up by my daughters pet rabbit. Do you know where i can get a new one?

Get started...

Ask a new question