Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Feb 13, 2020 3:16 AM

FedEx does not want to take my equipment

I received a replacement modem/router and I am supposed to return the old one. The instructions I received state:

Return Option 1: recommended

Bring your unpacked equipment to FedEx Office®

They will:

• Scan, wrap, pack and ship your equipment back to AT&T and give you a receipt for your records.

• Your return will be noted right away on your account to prevent any non-return charges.

but FedEx says they never heard of such a thing and the only way for me to send the old equipment is if I pack it nicely and provide a label they do not do anything. UPS might be an alternative but I doubt that will work I am also not sure if I should use the UPS label provided (if it is even a proper label). How can I return the equipment and be sure it is the right way so I am not charged? Also who gave me bad information, AT&T or FedEx, is this something that used to work or what is happening?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

2 months ago

Did you go to a CORPORATE FedEx store or an Authorized store? There is a difference.

Same with UPS. There are UPS dealers and then there are authorized stores.

(edited)

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

I am not sure if it was authorized store or Corporate, I assume it has to be Corporate so I will make sure I visit one of those. This is useful info, the instructions just say FedEx Office, no specifications.

Thank You!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

@larszen There's a link (and instructions) on THIS PAGE to check for UPS/FedEx locations to take the equipment.

(edited)

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…