Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
colie2k's profile

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 24th, 2023 3:04 PM

Engineer for Tulsa, Ok

We live on acreage in Owasso with new housing additions all around us now.  These new additions all have AT&T Internet yet we are told it’s not available for us.  I would like to talk to someone about why that is and what can be done about it.  

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

11 months ago

planned development with planned budget… 

50% of ATT hardwired footprint will not have direct fiber FTTP by start of 2026 and 50% will.

That is 30+ million with and 30% million without.

If desire fiber the only (2) sure  ways are relocating to a fiber address

OR ordering ATT Dedicated Business Fiber.

I would estimate about $100,000 should get you installed and pay for 3 years of service depending on the speed tier you choose. Pricing starts at $500 per month for internet 10/10, around $2000 per month for internet 1000/1000. 

Could also consider local cable service, or satellite internet from HughesNet, ViaSaT or the newcomer StarLink.

May also want to consider cellular service known as FWA using 5G if available from TMobile, Verizon or recently released ATT AIR.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

11 months ago

In order to bring fiber to a single address, there has to be a way of stringing the wire overhead, or running it underground. Depending on how far off of the public road you are, it may not be worth their while to run wire for one house, unless you are willing to pay the astronomical charges to do so.   I live on a gravel road with three other houses, it's only 2/10 of a mile long, all wires are run underground. For that reason, the local fiber internet company will not serve my address or the other houses on my gravel road. Meanwhile the rest of the neighborhood is getting fiber at half the cost of cable

19 Messages

11 months ago

@formerlyknownas I really wish Congress would address this and force the providers to service ALL addresses in an area if they're going to do it.  I'm in a similar boat, entire neighborhood got fiber from our local internet company except the three homes on our private street and it was the same "reason"... Why would we spend the money to run that fiber around the corner for 3 houses only one of which (mine) is guaranteed to sign up?  They're using federal grant money to expand so I think that should be a requirement, you service all houses or you service none at all... Was quoted roughly $75K to bring the fiber to my house which of course I said no too... 

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

We have had satellite for the past 16 years because that’s all that was available. But it’s not as efficient as we need due to having a small business.

We are literally right on the main road. It’s a very busy road that will actually go to 4 lanes soon due to so much new development and traffic. Picture 20 acres with 5 properties on it surrounded by brand new housing additions.  We already have overhead lines that have been here for years that service developments further out and then when the new housing additions came in, right next door and across the street, they laid fiber optic.  It just doesn’t make sense to me how they literally work on the lines, almost weekly, right at the end of out street, yet we can’t get service.

It seems like I should be able to talk with someone directly or locally who can come take a look or answer our questions. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.