Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 27, 2017 1:14 AM

Enable 2.4 ghz in my ATT 5268ac Router

Hello, I would like to enable 2.4 ghz in my ATT 5268ac Router. How can I do it?

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14.6K Messages

3 years ago

It is enabled by default... Factory resetting the gateway will return all settings to DEFAULT.

In default mode both the 2.4 and 5 networks have same SSID (name) and password.

Accessing the gateway by using a connected device (hardwired or wireless) 192.168.1.254

Locate the WiFi section (varies by model) to view the current settings... To make changes to settings need the Device Access Code (DAC) found on side of gateway.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I have both 2.4 and 5g enabled on my new 5268 router, but my 2.4g only devices are unable to connect. Is the 5g interfering?

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

a year ago

Hi Jobee5,

It might be a setting in your router. Check in your router's settings.

Thanks.

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

@Jobee5

Could be the 5268's band steering (where the use of 2.4 and 5 are optimized) is confusing your 2.4 devices.  So get into your gateway (192.168.1.254), navigate to its wifi section, and give the 2.4 and 5 different ssid/passwords.  That disables the band steering and allows your 2.4 and 5 devices to access the specific radio (2.4 or 5) by its respective ssid.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

i have the same model, and it will not work with a smart wifi led lightbulb, which says it will only work with the 2.4ghz. i only get the error message that i need 2.4ghz and it wont work woth my router 

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…