Jwolf2140's profile

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, November 12th, 2022 11:07 PM

DSL signal dropping out randomly a couple times an hour.

Arris bgw 210-700.

Dsl connection dropping several times an hour. When it tries to reconnect it takes several flashing green to solid red cycles before it picks back up and turns solid green.

Here is what I've already done.

-Replaced modem several times. (have swapped modems with a family member and my modem works fine on their service and their modem drops connection on my service)

-Moved modem power plug to a completely different circuit.

-Replaced wiring with cat 5 from outside termination box to modem.

-ATT tech has replaced the drop from the pedestal to the house.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

3 months ago

Go to http://192.168.1.254/, click on Broadband and look for some tables of Sync Rates, Attenuation, SN Margin, error counts, bytes received/transmitted.  

Take a screen capture from when things are working fine and one when they go into the dumper and post them here.

Then on the Device->System Information ( or Sometimes the Status > More Info) page, look for the Time Since Last Reboot and post that page for both conditions too.

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

this is when its working

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

This is when its not

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

device info
tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

3 months ago

Unfortunately I can't read the "when it's not" pages.  One line is taking a significant number of FEC errors and if the uptime number is accurate (it actually seems off) that's about 182/min.  AT&T says 100/min is max but since these types of errors are corrected it shouldn't be knocking your gateway offline (based on the LED behavior).

Are you rebooting the gateway so that would affect the uptime number?

@my thoughts  Hopefully you can weigh in on this since you have way more experience with the ADSL service.

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

I rebooted it about 4 hours ago when I moved it to a different outlet. Other than that I don't usually reboot it because it takes upwards of 15 minutes for it to re-establish connection from a reboot. Only takes it about 2 or 3 min to re-establish when it drops the connection. 

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Good luck I have been having drops at least every hour for 6 months and they can’t seem to fix the issue their standard answer seems to be just replace the modem 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.