Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.

AT&T related help: AT&T Internet support

Joe8538's profile

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2024 3:58 PM

DSL Program Shutdown

Is ATT reclaiming their copper plant? I just received and email stating that if I don't migrate to the Internet Air product by May 17, my DSL service will be shutdown. Killer is, I keep being told its an upgrade even though we all know its not. And I can actually see where my DSLAM is located, but have no clue where my closest tower is.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

1 month ago

AT&T has been getting aggressive about getting people off of ADSL/ADSL2+/VDSL2.  While they're not going to dig up the copper wires, they do want to quit maintaining all the 10-15 year old field equipment and paying for the power, etc. 

For some on ADSL, Internet Air could be a real upgrade.  But not for everyone, and it does come with some issues that make it unsuitable for many.

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

1 month ago

Don't rule out other carriers over the air internet service if AT&T Air doesn't do the job. 

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

1 month ago

Do you have LEGACY DSL with 150G data cap or Uverse xDSL with 1.5T data cap?

The former is easy to see getting accounts off of, in 2015 about 15 million addresses were LEGACY,  not upgrade to Uverse platforms.

The latter makes sense if ADSL2+ with best speed of 18/1 or less. End of 2015 24 million addresses had this option.

If have VDSL FTTN with speeds of 25 to 100 I would hope ATT would keep these going till 2028 to 2030 with anticipation of being upgraded to FTTP, direct fiber.

This opinion is based upon ATT past statements that by end of 2025 the goal is 30+ million addresses serviceable by direct fiber (50% of footprint) and 15 million by fiber to the cell tower aka ATT AIR bringing 75% of total footprint to fiber platform with unlimited data. The question is what to do with the last 25% or another 15 million.

End of 2015 had 33 million FTTN, 24 million ADSL2+ for total 57 million Uverse platform and estimated 3+ million in new developments since start of 2016 to reach 60+ million hardwired footprint by 2025.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

1 month ago

I think they're pushing VDSL2 to Fiber, but not necessarily to AIA.

2 Messages

1 month ago

I'm running a dry loop bonded VDSL2+ with a pretty short loop length.  I'm sure its a fiber uplink how many in the LAG group.  That would be a good question, and I'm willing to bet its a Nokia DSLAM.  I would love to have them pull out the DSLAM and drop an pole mounted OLT here.  But I'm getting migrated to AIR.  Its tough to get info when calling in.  If you talk to collections, they are in the U.S.  If you have any technical questions, they dump you overseas and either can't understand them or they don't know

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

1 month ago

If you have another wired broadband provider available, is that not an option. Seems Att has taken their position.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.