For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
karenrado's profile

• 

11 Messages

Monday, May 16th, 2022 7:54 PM

Device (Tivo Roamio ota vox) no longer connects to Wi-Fi

My Tivo Roamio dvr device will no longer connect to my WI-FI. It worked just fine up to about 2 weeks ago. When I try to connect the   Wi-Fi and enter my Wi-Fi passcode it comes back with the C206 error code saying there is a problem with my Wi-Fi settings. When I try to connect using C206 instructions, I enter 3 thumbs down and then enter, it does not do anything no matter the amount of time given to do so. I have verified my Wi-Fi passcode. All other devices, TV, Computer, iPad, etc. are connected to Wi-Fi and working. Is there a way to add this device, the Tivo Roamio dvr, back on to my wi-fi?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Is it feasible to connect the Tivo to the gateway with an Ethernet cable?

I can see online that others have had this same issue but it's not clear exactly what the cause might be.  Based on those reports I'm wondering if it's the type of wifi security that's in place.

Note: At some point during either of these operations you'll be asked for the Access Code which is found on the gateway itself.

Go to http://192.168.1.254 then click the Home Network tab and then Wi-Fi.  Click the Advanced Options link in the upper left area of the page.

What are the exact values in the Security and WPA Version sections I've highlighted below? 

(edited)

Accepted Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

I would suggest that first off you take the Cisco box out of the equation, at least for now.  There's a decent possibility that the wifi coverage will be sufficient with just the BGW320.

Definitely get the longer cable and plug the Tivo into the BGW320, which should solve your initial problem.

By "point to" I was asking when you try and connect a wifi device, do you select the wifi name that corresponds to the BGW320 (it would show on that page you looked at and also on the BGW320's label)?  I was thinking perhaps that you were trying to connect to the Cisco's wifi name, which would explain why you had troubles.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

What AT&T gateway do you have?

Sorry to suggest this but have you powered off the gateway and the Tivo, powered the gateway back up, waited for it to be ready and then powered up the Tivo?

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I did. I will try again. Do you know if there is a way to add this device?

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for your help with this. I do have an ethernet cable but it does not work because I cut the cord awhile back and no longer have a cable company account, only wi-fi now. I have a TV antenna in my attic and with that the Tivo plays and records a variety of channels. Everything else I stream. I will look over what you sent above and get back with an update of how I do. Your help is much appreciated.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

I sense some confusion here but I'm not sure if it's me or you.  😁

It doesn't matter that you've cut the cord with the cable company.   You have wifi, which means you have an Internet connection and you're trying to connect the Tivo to that wifi.  Whichever box provides the wifi should also have an Ethernet port.  Connecting the Tivo to that box with an Ethernet Cable will eliminate the need to figure out why the wifi connection isn't working and also provide a much more reliable connection.

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

The ethernet cable I have is coming out of my router and when I connected to the Tivo it didn't seem to do anything. I do see there is a ethernet slot on the back of my wi-fi modem...

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

You have a router and a modem?  Can you tell me the make and model # for each?

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Hi tonydi, the router is Cisco E2500 and the modem is the ATT modem BGW320-505. With regards to the hi-lilted items on yesterdays post: under Home SSID, security is WPA (not WPA default) and WPA version is WPA-2. Under 5GHz it is WPA (not WPA default) and WPA version is WPA-2. Do you think I should change WPA to WPA default password?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Before we get to the WPA issues, we need to figure out what's going on with the two boxes you have.

The BGW320 is usually called a gateway and it's both a modem and a router in one device.  The router portion has wired ports and also delivers wifi signals.  For many people the gateway is all that's necessary to cover a small-medium size house with wifi (depending on where it's located vs where you need wifi).  But in some cases the gateway doesn't have some feature the customer wants or they need to distribute the wifi signals to a bigger area so people connect a third party wifi router to the gateway.

So a few questions....

1. Is the Cisco connected via an Ethernet cable to the BGW320?
  2. When you connect wifi devices (like your Tivo) do you point them to the Network Name (SSID) that's shown in that page I had you access, or some other name?
  3. When you said you connected the Tivo via a cable to the router, you connected it to the Cisco and not the BGW320?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.