Device Not Connecting to the Internet? - AT&T Forums Fix
All device connecting but one? We have solutions!
If one device is not connecting to the internet but others are, we have some solutions for you.
Sometimes it's as easy as 1,2,3:
- Clear cache and cookies
- Restart the device
- Restart the modem/router
If that does not work, make sure you are connected to the right network and using the right password.
Can't see the network?
Try manually entering the network name. Most devices allow you to search for it.
If your PC went through an update, you may need to release the IP. Releasing the IP can be done anytime and allows your computer to get a fresh connection.
- First, delete the network from the computer.
- Release your IP – To do this, go to your command prompt and type ipconfig/ release or ipconfig/ all
- Restart the computer.
- Locate the network and re-enter the Wi-Fi password.
If your Windows device did not go through an update, it does not hurt to perform the steps above.
- Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences, then select Network.
- Select the network service that needs a renewed IP address.
- Click Advanced, click TCP/IP, then click Renew DHCP Lease.
- View Apple's support page for more information.
If all of your devices are having trouble connecting to the internet and they are not Windows devices, check out this article.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist