phonewars's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sat, Sep 13, 2014 3:05 AM

Constantly Reset Motorola 3360 Modem

[Subject edited for better exposure]Every time I put my computer to sleep the modem goes dead. Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8年前

Try going to your modem's user interface at 192.168.1.254 in your browser(I believe). Click on the side "Advanced" button and then click "Connection Configuration." Change the "Connection Type" to "Always Attempt to Connect." See how that works. I don't have/ever had a 3360 so I cannot confirm how accurate those instructions are. If it asks for the access code, it should be on your modem.

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8年前

What do you mean by "dead"? Is it actually shutting off? If so, are you using both devices on the same power strip? Some have that dedciated main port that shuts everything else off once the main port goes below a certain power draw.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8年前

It doesn't shut off completely, just quits connecting to internet. The power and dsl lights stay on but others turn off. When I wake up computer the ethernet light comes back on but not the other two. I have to unplug it for a few minutes, then plug it back in and wait for all of the lights to come back on. I have to do this several times a day if I need to check my email, etc.
Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8年前

So what modem or gateway are you using? So, you're saying that whenever your computer sleeps and comes back, you have no internet access? What happens if you reboot the computer and not the gateway/modem?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8年前

It's a Motorola 3360 modem, only a few weeks old as AT&T tech support said that replacing the modem would solve the problem. (This was after their previous solution, changing the setup from "connect on the demand" to "smart connect," didn't work.) Rebooting the computer doesn't change anything.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8年前

working so far anyway.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.