Connecting your Amazon Fire TV/Stick
Amazon Fire TV brings a world of entertainment to your house. Find out how to get it connected.
Connect your Device
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV/Stick.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Select Network. The TV automatically detects nearby networks.
- Select your preferred network.
- If your preferred network is not displayed:
- Select Join Other Network.
- Enter the network password, if needed.
A network confirmation message displays.
Tip for Fire TV Stick: We recommend using the HDMI extender or adapter included with your Fire TV Stick, which can optimize the physical location of your device and improve Wi-Fi connectivity. Also make sure to use the power adapter included with your device for optimal performance.
- Restart your Fire TV/Stick by unplugging the device, waiting 40 seconds, and plugging it back.
- Restart your Gateway.
- If connected wireless, try moving the router or Fire TV/Stick around to avoid any other devices that may cause interference.
- Issues with a specific App:
- Select the effected App
- Clear the cache and/or data, which often resolves intermittent performance issues. Clearing data doesn't delete the app itself but may delete saved information (like account details or game scores).
- Change available settings for the app.
- For Amazon Fire TV devices, you have an option to move the app between internal and external storage.
- Force stop the app.
- Uninstall the app and then Reinstall the App.
David, AT&T Community Specialist