Cyber Week Deals: Get $800 off the Google Pixel 6 Pro with FREE Google Pixel A Series White Earbuds!
IkeRay's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Jul 2, 2014 10:51 PM

Connecting with WatchDisney/DisneyJr/XD/ESPN (ABC)

Attempted to set up my mom's Roku for watchdisney, but there seems to be a problem with the authorization link that Disney has on their website.  All attempts claim that activation is achieved without ever going to an ATT login page, thus user authorization error whenever a video is attempted to be played.  Links for comcast, cox, and verizon all work fine, as they all lead to a login page.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 y ago

Hi @IkeRay,

I am sorry about the issues you are having trying to get to the WatchDisney app and possibly other apps on your Roku. I was browsing online and saw others with similar issues and one thing to try is resetting your Roku box. Afterwards, you may have to reconfigure the connection.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

The problem isn't with Roku, I can watch PBS kids, Hulu, and Netflix just fine, I'm having an issue activating WatchDisney online.  And the activation code given by Roku works, but I'm not being redirected to a uverse log in page.

No issue watching Disney shows on http://uverse.com/uv/.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 y ago

Hi @IkeRay,

I apologize for my misunderstanding. My only thoughts are to try a different browser on your computer. I will have my team look further into this issue.

I am so sorry for any of the inconveniences.

-David T

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

I have tried with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, all with the same results.  Also, cleared the cache and issue remained.

I believe it's something as simple as WatchDisney having the incorrect URL for their redirect page.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 y ago

Hi @IkeRay,

I have been working with my team, and we are not getting any reported issues with the Roku activation site. We are still investigating this issue. Are you having issues with any of the other Roku Channels like WatchESPN?

-David T

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

The issue wasn't only with the Roku activation alone, it was also across all WatchDisneychannel.go.com (watchespn.go.com, watchdisneyxd.go.com, etc) on the internet.  I got it activated on the phone app fine, just couldn't get my phone (via chrome) or my computer to send me to an ATT login screen (chrome run in safemode).

I have gotten Disney/Jr/XD activated by using a link I found on the internet and logging into that tab immediately after clicking on the activate on watch.go.com tab.  I still haven't gotten ESPN to work, but I have all disney activated on the Roku, and thats what really matters.

Thank you for your assistance.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 y ago

Hi IkeRay,

Thank you for sharing that information. I had my team test it on their end and they were able to access WatchDisney and WatchESPN with no issues. They do have one of the latest Roku's. The only difference I noticed from the website was that they were redirected to the U-verse login page on their Roku. After they logged in, everything was working.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I have the same issue as stated above.  I can not activate ESPN or Disney Jr on my Roku because when you go to the activation page and enter the code, you never get redirected to the att login page to verify your account.  It acts as though you did verify the account but the content on the Roku is not accessable.  I have tried this on ie9, chrome, firefox, and my phone with the same results on all.  When i tried espn with my parents Time Warner information it worked perfectly.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

the problem is the website all these apps and websites use to authorize your AT&T subscription isnt valid. On my firetv and the foxsportsgo app it won't authorize the content because it is trying to go to an AT&T site that is invalid. AT&T needs to get with these providers and update them with whatever site they want to use to vaildate subscriptions or else this will never get fixed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Apparently, none of this ever got resolved.  It still does not redirect to the at&t site properly no mater the browser.  Fx, fox, espn is all i tried, but is that not enough.  All with the same problem.  We can send a man to the moon but we can't solve this simple issue.  My post is 7 months after the last one and the same issue.  Something this simple is a nightmare for the Roku user trying to take full advantage of their product.  Sad!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

thats because the people on the other end are idi0ts and cant understand what you are saying ...i understood perfectly but have no means to fix it.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.