For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Myproblems's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 7th, 2018 2:37 PM

Connecting RING doorbell

My wireless connection will not connect to my ring doorbell, is this a common issue with AT&T?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Having the same issue with my 2nd Ring doorbell (Ring 2) that I installed for the back of my house. Because my AT&T router/hub resides down in the basement in close proximity to where I want to put this second ring doorbell, I am getting a much stronger Wi-Fi signal from this AT&T router yet when I try to connect to it from the Ring doorbell setup, it never gets through the wifi setup for the doorbell. Guessing this is something with AT&T because my first Ring 2 doorbell that I installed a month ago works incredibly well but that is for the front door that is very close to my main home Wi-Fi (Linksys router). Puzzled.....

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

it’s due to a feature on the att router that combines 2.4ghzand 5ghz ( not to be confused with 5g witch is a completely different tech) disable this feature to separate them into 2 separate ssid’s and connect the ring to the frequency that is designed to work with your ring. I had this same problem with light bulbs, the bulbs would only connect to 2.4 so I separated the 2 and bobs your uncle

• 

1 Message

How do you separate the 2.4 and 5ghz on the AT&T router?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm having the same issue now that we switched to AT&T. Our Ring doorbell worked perfectly with our Linksys router using another internet provider, but since we switched to AT&T it connects, but we are unable to use the app to view video or receive notifications (the whole point of having a Ring doorbell). I've tried port forwarding on all of the ports listed on the Ring troubleshooting page, but it still won't work. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Ours won’t work either (Ring Doorbell Pro). It worked for almost seven months then got disconnected and refuses to connect again. Ring even sent us a new doorbell and no dice. ATT also sent us a new router and nothing. From what Ring said this afternoon, sometimes networks can have updates that block their product from working. I’m guessing that’s what’s happened here since it worked perfectly for months on end. Needless to say I’m seriously annoyed. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Can anyone provide which settings in the Uverse router are required to properly forward the Ring video? I have a strong signal and if I am on my local wifi I can see the live video. When i'm off the Wifi i get alerts and can see the recorded video, but I can't see the live. I have tried to forward IPv4 and IPv6 traffic based on Ring MAC address, tried to allocate an IP address and set up a 99 day lease to forward that data, and these methods seem to work for a bit then stop. I can't find where to forward the specific ports Ring puts in their instructions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So I was having the same issue with my Ring Video Doorbell. If you have your router/modem set up to combine your 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz this is your issue. You have to make them separate, It took me a long time to figure this out, not even AT&T could figure this out. If you have the smart home manager app, it is a lot easier to fix the issue. The app will say that its better to combine the networks but you cannot do this if you want your Ring Doorbell to connect to your WiFi! For some reason the Ring Doorbell will not recognize your network if the 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz are combined. 

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

it’s because the door bell probably is designed to only connect to 2.4 like my light bulbs were and the router will always try to connect you via 5ghz

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have an extender that has 2.4 and 5mhz. How do I separate those?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My DL speeds are 50 + mbps and UL is 100+ mbps. It just will not connect, and I am out of options. It worked fine for a week, and today it just stopped. I can connect it to my hotspot on my phone amd it works fine. I would have to assume it is something on Att side.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

it’s due to a feature on the att router that combines 2.4ghzand 5ghz ( not to be confused with 5g witch is a completely different tech) disable this feature to separate them into 2 separate ssid’s and connect the ring to the frequency that is designed to work with your ring. I had this same problem with light bulbs, the bulbs would only connect to 2.4 so I separated the 2 and bobs your uncle

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

ATT is blocking ring they will deny it because they are full of it, but I have concrete proof they are. I had Ring door bell that was working flawless with ATT fiber for about 8 months. A week ago live view and notifications stopped working. The ring device says its offline even though I can ping the device locally and get a response. I spent 2 days opening ports and doing things I never had to when it was working. I Then decided to try a vpn connection with the SAME att router and setting I had that work before, guess what it worked! Tried the same thing using a tmobile connection ..worked. Xfinity hotspot....worked! So once your public IP changes to one that ATT does not own ring will work. I went as far as doing packet captures with wireshark and I can clearly see where ring send the sync packets but never gets an acknowledge back this failing 3 way handshake ( which is why the ring app thinks the device is offline) That alone is tell tale att is blocking but again they will say they didn't do anything they will blame everything but themselves and blame Ring. Worse is the people you talk to on the phone are too stupid following scripts to troubleshoot with sense and all they do is tell you to reboot and look for any excuse to say it's not them, and of course the public cant get to the people who know how to fix it. Unfortunately I'm stuck with ATT until Comcast can enter my community but I will be getting rid of att in a heartbeat when that happens.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you ihateat_t19, I thought I was going crazy. I have had a Ring doorbell for almost 3 years. It recently died, so Ring gave me a nice discount on the Pro. I had to install a new transformer, easy enough. The trouble is connecting to AT&T. It simply won't work any more. I have reset my entire Uverse router. I have been in the computer field for 20+ years. I manage 900+ computers and 400+ iPhones. I tried the Hotspot on my Verizon phone and it worked in seconds. I can see live view, accept Rings. I can ONLY do this while EVERYTHING is on the Verizon network. After I setup on hotspot, I tried to see live view from my AT&T home network. It ALWAYS says trouble connecting with phone. I then switch back my 2nd phone to be on Verizon and it works. I will NOT pay AT&T to fix this issue, them MUST admit the problem and correct it. I have had AT&T home networks for 15 plus years and never had an issue until now. After seeing your post, I will be calling Ring and AT&T tomorrow. Had my Gallbladder out last week and I have nothing but time. If I get it working I will post solution. Thanks again. I can sleep tonight knowing, it is not me.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for this post.  I had 2 Rings Pros connected to my AT&T network through a Google Wifi mesh network for the last 2 years.  Everything worked flawlessly.  Then May 10th they both went offline.  I still get occasional ring motion alerts, but when I use the IOS app they ALWAYS show offline.  I initially thought the issue was with my Google Wifi system, but did tons of troubleshooting and decided it wasn't the culprit.  The app actually shows the devices connected to the network.  Today I bought 2 RING chime pro's thinking maybe some reason the doorbells weren't getting a strong enough signal.  Now the Chimes connect to the Google Wifi network, but won't connect with the app.  I turned the native Wifi on from the AT&T router, and had the same problem.  It's AT&T.  Are they intentionally blocking RING?  I don't know.  But this needs to get fixed quickly.  If it's intentional, AT&T is negatively affecting the security of thousands of homes.  This could be a HUGE news story.  Everybody who is experiencing the same issue please keep updating.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.