Chromecast Version 2 and Ultra
Setting up your Chromecast Ver 2 or Ultra
Chromecast allows for streaming in 2 ways. Mirroring, where it interacts with your device to "mirror" what is on your device, and streaming using the apps on your device. With mirroring, internet is not needed and the connection relies on the internal connection. With streaming, your internet speed will play a factor, so if you notice issues, troubleshoot your internet connection.
To setup your Chromecast, follow the instructions below.
Plug in your Chromecast Device
- Plug one end of the USB power cable into your Chromecast and the other end of the cable into the power supply (USB to TV or to the wall). Use the USB power cable and power adapter that is included in the box for optimal performance.
Important: Chromecast Ultra won't work with any other USB cable, or any USB cable plugged into a TV. You must use the power supply included in the Chromecast Ultra box.
- Plug your Chromecast into any open HDMI input on your TV.
- Once your Chromecast Ultra is plugged in, you should see the Chromecast home screen. If you do not see the Chromecast home screen on your TV after setting up Chromecast, use the Input or Source button on your TV’s remote control to change the input until you see the Chromecast home screen.
Connect your Chromecast Device
- Double check that the Chromecast and the mobile device, tablet, or laptop you are using to set up Chromecast with are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
Download the Google Home App
- On your mobile device, tablet, or laptop, download the Google Home app.
Complete the Setup
- Follow the instructions on the device to setup your Chromecast.
Still not working? Try these Steps
- Make sure your Chromecast device is on the same network as your mobile device, tablet, or laptop. Some of our gateways have multiple networks.
- Remove any third party products that could cause issues. Sometimes, third party products may intercept packets or cause interference that cause an issue with the Chromecast connection. Unplug the power on them for now, and connect it back once everything is setup.
- Try a different device. Some devices may have issues with going through the setup. For example, if your laptop is having issues with going through the setup, use your cell phone. Once everything is setup, all devices should work if they are on the same network.
- If you have a virus scanner or firewall on your device, disable it for now to get through the setup.
- Clock synchronization issue - Enable automatic synchronization on your device if possible. Make sure the time and time zone are showing the same as current internet time. You can find out the time at https://time.is/
- Reboot or reset the Chromecast device and your device. To reboot the Chromecast, you can unplug the power and plug it back. To reset it, locate the reset button on the Chromecast and hold it down. You will see the lights on the Chromecast blink. Once the light goes solid again, let go of the button.
David, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp