Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
sugarcookiei8's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Aug 8, 2014 6:55 PM

ChromeCast hook up to a ATT502 modem????

I have an ATT 502 modem for my wireless internet I dont see it on the ChromeCast List can I use this ChromeCast to get Netflix with this modem?????? I just ordered the ChromeCast and it will be here any day now.........???

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 y ago

Hi sugarcookiei8,

You can connect Chromecast to your your U-verse network. If you have any issues connecting your device I recommend viewing this thread with some good tips; Need help connecting Chromecast to uverse router

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

I read the instructions in the link provided, but that is for a 2Wire modem.  I have an Arris router &  modem, and on the Chromecast Help Site, it says it can be one of two things:

1) 

Arris TG862G/CTN/AYesChromecast must be within 15 feet of the router for optimal performance.Contact Arris for assistance

or:

2) "If your router has MAC Address filtering enabled, you'll need to add the MAC address of your Chromecast to the list of filtered devices."

I am not sure which it is, and I would like some assistance as it pertains to my specific router & modem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks for the quick reply.  My specific Arris modem model number is the VAP2500, and I have the 589 router.  

The point is that Chromecast is saying that I either need to be within 15ft of the modem (the Arris listing I copied was the only one on the site) or there is something in my modem & router setting that is not allowing the Chromecast to connect to the network.

the 2 TV's that are within15ft of the connection are the least desireable to use in my home (kitchen, guest room), so trying to set up so I have the flexibility to use in the master (upstairs) or in the basement.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.3K Messages

7 y ago

Google suggests being within 15 feet of your router to get the best signal for streaming. You can certainly try to use it in TVs farther away. 

If you don't know what MAC address filtering is, you probably do not have it set up, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Chromecast is very simple to set up; I really don't think you'll have anything to worry about. It's good that you're getting your "ducks in a row" before it arrives, but I think you might be overthinking it a bit and stressing yourself out needlessly. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.