EeeBee's profile

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 2:51 PM

Changing names of "Home Network Devices" (ARRIS BGW210-700)

I would like to change the name of "Home Network Devices" such as my phone, tablet, laptop to more user-friendly names to make them more recognizable. I've got a ARRIS BGW210-700. I don't see any such option on the router administration page. Is there one? Thanks.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Where do you want to see these names?  In the gateway's device list?  If so there is no way to assign names to those devices.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

I believe we're talking about the same thing. The section is labelled "Home Network Devices". I was hoping I could give them "friendly" names there.

Shucks...

Thank you, though!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

How are the names generated? For example, one of my devices is “192.168.1.26 / FamilyRmAppleTV”.  my tv is “ip/android59......”

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

That has to be wrong. I have several devices in the list. Some have friendly names and some do not. I don't know how the friendly names got in there, but they are in there.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You can rename your network devices in the Smart Home Manager  interface, as well as indicate what type of device each is (e.g., Computer, Mobile, Tablet, TV, WiFi Extender, Printer, etc.), but unfortunately these changes are not reflected in the Arris gateway interface.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This would be so much simpler if AT&T would allow us to use our own routers instead of that clunky thing they make us use.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.