Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, May 30, 2018 2:38 PM

Can't login to Arris NVG599

Hello all:

Typed in my device id on my router homepage and it's not accepted.  It is a combo of characters and numbers.  Not sure what to plug-in there....anything to do with my 

SSID# or wireless key ( sort of doubt it).  Thanks in advance.

MGS  Palm Beach County, FL

Responses

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

If you are trying to change your gateway's (192.168.1.254) wifi ssid or password the only id it wants is the access code (shown on the label on side of gateway) and of you haven't changed it just click "Continue" to use the default code.  Here's the article on changing your wifi ssid/password for the 599.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you sorry not to have gotten back to you earlier.  No go on your first suggestion...I'm not trying to change the gateway, I'm trying to access all the data and features.  The device ID, properly typed is what they call for.....it doesn't take.  OK?

Thanks for the second link found it interesting but not a solution for this Arris.

Incidentally, I find this Arris (web browsing experience ) SLOWER than the original Pace installed back in 2013 by one the ATT techs.

Mark G. Sumner

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

Are you saying entering the 192.168.1.254 link into a browser doesn't work for you to get "into" the gateway?  If so have you tried a factory reset?  Also...

The device ID, properly typed is what they call for.....it doesn't take.  OK?

Device ID?  Or do you mean the gateway's "device access code", which, if using the default, you don't even have to type in when it prings up that promt?  Again try the factory reset.  If this doesn't clear it just replace it by calling tech support.

Or am I miss interpreting what you are trying to do?  Looking back at your first post you say "Typed in my device id on my router homepage and it's not accepted".  Using the 192.168.1.254 link takes you to the gateway's (router) home page but there's no prompts there.  So just where are you trying to go because I think you saying "router" sent me off in the wrong direction?

Get started...

Ask a new question