can't control vip2500 with remote

can not control vip2500 with new s20 remote

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

There is no pairing with a att receiver/dvr.  They remotes are, by definition, att compatible remotes.  The only programming needed is to to be able to control the on/off, volume, and sometimes input select on the tv.  That's why I limited my question about pushing OK to only turn on the receiver.  I was ignoring programming the remote for the attached tv.

So if simply pushing OK doesn't turn on/off the dvr/receiver that remote is broken.  Get another one from from tech support (800-288-2020).  Note, I am assuming the dvr/receiver is not new and was working with your previous remote. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Standard obligatory questions:

• Did you check the batteries?
  • When you mean "control" does that include that the remote doesn't turn on the receiver and turn it off when you press the power button?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Yes I replaced both batteries. By control I mean when you push the OK button nothing happens. When you press the Guide button nothing happens. It's a brand new remote and it is not paired with this receiver. I've spent the better part of three days searching for an answer "When you get a new remote how do you pair it with a receiver?"

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.