bobkim7080's profile

• 

5 Messages

Friday, March 3rd, 2023 7:08 PM

can not connect internet

Just start AT&T internet service and technician installed BGW210-700 modem.
I have two PC and one of PC is windows XP can not connect internet with Ethernet cable but the other PC windows 7 works .
How can I connect XP PC for Internet.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

1 year ago

It is likely that you really should not connect a Windows XP machine to the Internet anyway.  It hasn't had a security update in 10 years.  It doesn't have TLS 1.2, which means you can't connect to most websites.  It has wormable exploits (but that's probably okay as long as you're behind NAT or a real firewall).

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your comment.
I do not care with security isue.
All I wanted connect internet. It worked with ARRIS MVG599 before I installed BGW210-700 modem.
Is any body know how to use my PC with this BGW210-700 modem?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

1 year ago

There should be no difference.  Have you tried switching ports and/or cables?

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I sure did.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

1 year ago

I will mention that Windows 7 just reached the same place Windows XP did 10 years ago... Microsoft has ceased all patching for it, too.

But, none of that matters. The Gateway doesn't care what OS you're running.  Your OS doesn't care what the Gateway is.  

When the PC "doesn't work" what does that look like?

Have you tried an IPCONFIG /RELEASE?

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I think it is matter of Set up BGW210-700 modem.

I connected 3 Ethernet but 2 of them (computer, cc terminal)  stays on but this one is slow blinking

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

1 year ago

Where is the slow blinking light?  The BGW210 doesn't have port link lights, so I'm having trouble visualizing what light you're talking about.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

1 year ago

There’s nothing to setup on gateway.  

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

There are 4 Ethernet port on back of modem and top of each port has small lights.

2 of them(working) are lit green and 1 (not working port) is slow blink green.

It is same thing happening when I swithchs the port. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

1 year ago

Well, whadya know... I forgot there were lights back there.  They're not obvious in the back panel photos and my BGW 210 is positioned such that I had to stick my cell phone behind it to see that, yep... link lights.

The manual says that solid green means working.  It doesn't mention blinking.  I'd take blinking as a bad sign.  If it moves when you switch ports, then obviously it's not just the port.  It could be the cable.  It could be that your PC doesn't want to negotiate properly with the Gateway port.  You could try a USB/Ethernet adapter.  You could try a USB/Wireless adapter.  You could try a PC that's not 16+ years old.  It may be that's it's having issues because of MDI-X negotiation.  You could try going to the Home Network > Configure tab and setting the port to MDI-X On and seeing if that helps.  If not, try MDI-X Off.  Also you can try locking the Ethernet at 100 Full Duplex and seeing if that helps your PC connect.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.