The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
J

• 

2 Messages

Thu, May 7, 2020 7:41 PM

Can I block non-account owners from modifying the Advanced Wireless Settings?

On the wireless network that I completely pay for but share with my roommates, they've been logging into the Management Console (Advanced Settings) to lower our network from 5G to 2.4G and block my smart devices from connecting (unknowingly and without my permission). I've mostly secured the account now, but there's 2 remaining problems:

* I've set a custom Device Access Code. But this can be reset to factory default using a physical Reset on the modem. Can I block this physical reset (unwise, I know) or rather secure my current, custom Device Access Code?

* When talking to Customer Support, they ask for my name and phone number (both easily known by others...). Can I add additional security when identifying myself, such as my AT&T passcode?

Thank you in advance for any hints and help. Stay well!

Constructive

Employee

• 

25.4K Messages

2 y ago

sorry theres no way to avoid the factory reset, id peel the sticker off the modem in hopes they dont have the default password written down or memorized. nothing at&t can do on their side to add security to your physical modem, you could always try to get a new modem and remove the sticker before they get a chance to see it

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.