Dresden1701's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 4th, 2016 3:24 AM

Broadband 2 light

The broadband 2 light on my gateway is flashing red.  Services (uverse & internet) both seem to be working, but why is this light flashing?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Bonded Pair connection means you'll be utilizing both Broadband 1 & Broadband 2 lights.

If you're on a bonded pair and one pair of wiring gets severed, you'll see one of the 2 Broadband lights start to blink. You can still be in service but you wont receive your full profile speeds.

I highly logging on to your MyAt&t App on your computer devices or simply going to UFix.att.com in your web browser. From there go to Manage My Wifi and it will run a quality check to determine the status of your connection.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

What does it mean when the Broadband 2 light on the gateway is not illuminated?

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

@lfcreedon  You've tacked on to the end of a 2+ year old thread. If the broadband 2 light isn't lit, and never has been, you probably are only using a single pair connection. Broadband 2 is used with bonded pair connections, that use two pairs for the connection. This occurs with high speed connections when you're a sizeable distance from the VRAD. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your reply.  I've been trying to resolve an almost daily issue with my Pace 5268AC gateway.  I have to reboot this gateway in order to restore the 5GHz Wi-Fi signal.  One of the first AT&T troubleshooting pages asks if your Broadband 1, Broadband 2, and Service lights are illuminated.  This page has radio buttons for a Yes or No response.  In my case, the next step after a No response is to check all cable connections which is a condescending answer in my opinion.  Let me know if you have any remedies for my Pace 5268AC gateway problem.  Thanks.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

If your 5268AC is continuously losing the 5ghz radio after multiple restarts, it's time to call 800-288-2020 to get a tech out to look at it. A simple replacement could end the problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

When the tech installed my new service today i had 2 green lights on both broadband 1&2 flashing now I only have one green light on broadband 1. Is that an issue?

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

You mention "new service" installed; did you get a replacement gateway? The gateway checks for service on both broadband pairs during startup, turning into a steady green when a signal is locked in, and going dark when no signal is found. If Broadband 1 is green, Broadband 2 is unlit and your Service light is steady green, then you have a working single-pair connection. Is your service working correctly, and is your Internet testing at proper speeds using speedtest.net with the nearest AT&T server and nothing else using bandwidth (including TV)? If so, I'd say all's well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes Thank you so much for answering

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Broadband 2 light is not on

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Wendy256 

If the LED (light) isn't lit at all, it's likely your service is coming over a single pair of wires.  This is the normal case for most people.  If you have an actual concern with the service or performance of it, best to call ATT and ask them to look into it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.