dark661's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, December 6th, 2014 6:38 PM

Bridged Wireless Router with Static IP doesn't appear on NVG589

I have a WRT54G working great as a bridged wireless router (running DD-WRT) to connect a couple of IP cameras for security purposes.  I can admin this bridged router with no issues to its statically assigned IP address.

However, we recently upgraded our AT&T UVerse router to an NVG589 and I can't figure out how to add this device to the system so that I can assign custom services to it to be accessible from the public side (such as port 5150-5160 for viewing cameras, etc. over a mobile client).

I created the custom service but the list of devices to pick from do not include my bridged router, yet I can reach it, etc.

Anyone know the solution?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

OK so I got it to work, but not by using filtering.  Since I realized my error that I needed to point to the DVR and not to the router, the DVR being physically connected, the NVG589 sees it as a device on the network and thus makes it available for NAT/Gaming rules.  So I added the ports and pointed to the DVR and all is good 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @dark661 ,

I am sorry about the inconveniences. When it comes to creating a port forwarding rule, it only allows you to select from the DHCP pool of the private IPs. There is a way to still get this to work. You can either setup your device in passthrough by following the instructions here, or you can create a packet filter rule by going to Firewall > Packet Filter.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you.

I don't want to use that router as my main router so can't do Passthrough.

How would I use the Packet Filtering to route specific ports to an IP?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

@dark661 wrote:

I don't want to use that router as my main router so can't do Passthrough.

Could you explain this in more detail?  Are you saying that only part of your network is behind this other router, and other networked devices are/will be connected directly to the Residential Gateway?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Correct.  The router I'm talking about is only serving one device (an IP camera), hence I need to be able to allow certain ports to flow freely between this router and another device on the residential gateway that is basically capturing (recording) the data from the camera.  This was no problem on our old RG.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

For adding packet filter rules for passing traffic, once you are in the packet filter options,

1. Click on Add a 'Pass' Rule
  2. Change the IP Version if necessary
  3. Click Add Match and select Destination IP Address - Fill in the IP address needed
  4. Click Add Match and choose protocol - Choose the appropriate protocol
  5. Click Add Match and select the Destination port or source port, depending on what  you know. It will probably be destination port - Choose the ports
  6. Click on the box next to the rule to enable it.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

That doesn't seem to work.  Here's the config I entered:

2014-12-13 10_34_31-Packet Filter.png

192.168.1.210 is the camera DVR I'm trying to point to from an Android app and it's not connecting with this configuration.  Even if I use a simple TCP 8080 for web interface access it doesn't work either.

Originally I thought I had to point to the router I have that has a camera connected to it but I was mistaken, it's the camera DVR itself (which has a static IP as well), which is connected physically to the NVG589.

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.