For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
A

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 10th, 2022 2:41 PM

Breaking dialtone

Had a router replaced. After tech finished he said he'd have wiring outside cleaned up. I told him to noy=t fix what isn't broken and to leave the wiring alone. He, instead had someone come out without our knowledge and added an additional box and ran the line to the phones through it. That is when the AT&T phone via MagicJack VOIP stopped allowing us to dial out or even break the dialtone, BUT we are able to receive calls. I've had two tech and a supervisor try to correct the wiring BUT they all have given up leaving us without capability to call 911 to support my infirmed wife who is very ill and on the cusp of live. I need the ability to contact 911 immediately when my wife has an attack. 

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

2 years ago

. That is when the AT&T phone via MagicJack VOIP

You have a home phone with an AT&T logo, connected to a MagicJack device for VOIP.  If that's the case, your Internet is working and you can receive calls, no wiring changes outside your home are going to affect your ability to place calls with MagicJack.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you contact MagicJack customer support.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks Jeff, a neighbor of mine suggested I order a new plug in device that goes into the power adapter. I just finished placing the order today, so we'll see what that does. I did notice that the set-up steps call for me to sign permission to receive calls and/or make them. Not sure why they would ask me that. I would assume accepting both would be the norm. 

Anyway AT&T tech did show up yesterday and flipped all the colored wired around and you are right, that was not the block on outbound calls so far, but he did suggest escalating up the AT&T chain. 

I've got my fingers crossed the new equipment from MJ will resolve the matter. Will post the results here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.