clriche's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 3:07 PM

Closed

Bookmarked pages redirect to AT&T registration page

Using existing bookmarks, several pages were either very slow to load or, after a period of time, displayed the “site cannot be reached” page. After about an hour or two, I tried those pages again. Some of them loaded correctly; others displayed the AT&T registration page. Now I find that just about all of my bookmarked pages go to the same AT&T registration page. The only pages that load correctly are Google (my home page), Twitter, Facebook & my banking page. I'm using the Chrome browser.

Thinking it was a computer issue, I restarted my machine. This did not fix the problem. Thinking it was a browser issue, I tried Edge (I'm running Windows 10). Still did not work.I then tried it on my laptop (which runs Windows 7, connected to my wifi). I encountered the same issue on that machine using both Chrome and Internet Explorer.

iPhone: same thing.

iPad: same thing.

At work, the pages that were not loading correctly at home loaded with no issues whatsoever.

AT&T tech support had me restart the router several times, and I performed a hard reset. That did not fix the problem. I also cleared history and cookies, to no avail.

All of this makes me think that this is an issue with the router, since all my devices are connected, and since all browsers on all machines behave the same way. I'm using an Arris NVG589 router.

Any thoughts on what might be going on, and what could solve this issue?

Community Support

• 

229.6K Messages

7 years ago

We apologize that you are experiencing this issue. We are happy to look into, please respond to the private message we sent you.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I am having a similar issue. I just started my AT&T internet service today and attempted to set up my new Amazon fire TV, but when I connected to the wifi network, it redirects me to an AT&T registration splash page. All of my other devices work fine.

I was wondering if there was any follow-up on this issue.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I think that the first time you try to access the internet after a new installation your browser will always be redirected to lsreg.att.net to complete the registration.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

My registration was already completed though earlier today prior to the service tech arriving (I registered so I could check my service appointment). If I navigate to the registration page on my laptop, it tells me I'm already registered after inputting my account # and PIN.

Update: I am now being redirected to the sreg.att.net page sporadically when clicking links.

I have a feeling this is because I registered my account prior to my service being connected. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

My registration was already completed though earlier today prior to the service tech arriving

Wasn't the tech coming to do your initial installation and thus you didn't even have your gateway set up yet?  If so where/how did you complete the lsreg registration?

I always thought the auto redirecting to lsreg was done by the gateway for a new account.  It certainly can't be done from the browser.  If I am right, and you are right about some other way to access lsreg before the gateway is even installed then perhaps it's a case of now using the gateway for the first time after installation.  It's weird though it would be "sporadic" and not 100% of the time.

Oh well, I guess it's time you call tech support (800-288-2020).  At least they "work" on the weekends.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have no idea why it let me - I simply put in the account number that I was given in a previous email the the PIN I created when I placed the order for my internet. The tech seemed kinda puzzled when he saw it was already registered and I told him I had done it.

The more I browse the internet, the more it is happening though. If I type in a link directly, I get redirected; however, if I use a bookmark it seems to work. Thankfully I have google bookmarked and thus can navigate to most places I need to go.

I will call tech support again tomorrow. I already spent 2 hours on a 3 way call with AT&T and Amazon tech supports where they basically just argued back and forth blaming the problem on the other guy...

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I recall now how I got to the registration page. I was sent a text from AT&T this morning with an update about my service appointment to set up my internet. There was a link provided in that text to check the status of my service appointment - because the tech missed the scheduled window, I wanted to see if there were any updates available, it said I needed to registered -> used my account & and PIN etc etc.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I already spent 2 hours on a 3 way call with AT&T and Amazon tech supports

What's Amazon tech support got to do with all of this?

The tech seemed kinda puzzled when he saw it was already registered and I told him I had done it.

Yup, I'm confused too how you were allowed to do it. Man Surprised

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Called AT&T, they said it wasn't their fault and told me to contact whoever made my smart TV (Amazon) so I called them. They escalated it and basically figured out it wasn't their problem, but the guy set up a 3 way call incase he had to provide into to AT&T about the backend TV specs.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Didn't you say you were (also) seeing the problem using only your browser on your computer?  Since everything goes through your gateway that should have been then cue that the tv couldn't have been the problem.  Pull the plug on the tv.  You will (or should) still have your problem on your computer.  That  kind of reasoning is what prompted me to ask why a third party (Amazon) was in the mix.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Short answer is that once I confirmed the wifi worked, I tried to set up the smart TV. After wasting 3 hours I gave up and started digging for answers on the internet, and that's when I started noticing the redirects (up until then I was primary navigating via bookmarks so I didn't notice).
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.