Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
zulater's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, March 30th, 2024 9:00 PM

BGW320-505 Ethernet Ports 3/4 only work if forced to 100M

Hello,
As the title states BGW320-505.
I have my SmartThings hub wired.  By default all ports are are like Port 1.
However if I connect the SmartThings hub to port 3 or 4 I must pick 100M to get it to connect.  This also happens with our RokuTV, works fine on port 1 but if we move it to port 3 or 4 we must specify 100M to get it to connect.  If we leave it at 1G it will never negotiate and function (all lights off).
Tried various cables with all yielding the same result.  
Thoughts?

Tutor

• 

470 Messages

3 months ago

The Smarthub speed is 100MB.

Unclear why it only autonegotiates to that on the identified ports.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

3 months ago

The BGW320 seems to have some struggles with its Ethernet interfaces. 

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

5.7K Messages

3 months ago

If I saw that type of odd behavior, I’d try factory resetting the gateway.  If there’s a bug in the firmware for the BGW320, the reset obviously won’t fix it, but at least you’d be in the best position possible, especially if you want to pursue the matter with Att.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Yeah, I get that the ST hub is 100m but I'd expect a new device to be able to at least do what my 20 year old switch can and negotiate down from 1g to 100m and pass data.
Tech coming monday, we'll see what we get.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.7K Messages

3 months ago

Did you do the factory reset?   Because a likely outcome is he’ll give you another gateway which if effectively the same thing, plus as an added bonus you’ll get to drive to the UPS store to send the old one back.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.