Sly039's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 16th, 2022 12:59 AM

BGW210-700 - Modem suddenly flashing all three LEDs on front Panel, Internet Still works?

Hello,

I have an Arris BGW210-700 Gateway that I noticed this morning has all three LEDs on it flashing. Power, Broadband, and Phone.

The Power and Broadband LEDs are flashing Green and the Phone is Flash Red, all three are flashing at the same time several times a second.

I have already power cycled the modem a few times and once it boots up it goes right back to flashing all three LEDs as stated above.

The gateway itself is on a separate UPS Power Backup so it hasn't lost power suddenly, internet connection is working however I have noticed random drops and some recorded instances of the broadband signal getting lost and returning over the last 24 hours.

Is this Gateway going bad?

Some additional technical and account information to note if any of it is relevant.

• This is an Arris BGW210-700
  • Software/Firmware: 3.18.5
  • On a VDSL Loop that is Pair-Bonded and getting 100 DS and 20 US, not a Fiber Connection.
  • Is configured with a Static IP Block of 5 usable addresses (I pay extra for this)
  • The gateway has been set up with everything possible disabled and running in Psuedo Bridge/IP Passthru Mode, I have my own firewall between the Gateway and my LAN so in essence this Gateway is merely acting as an Ethernet Hand-off from the VDSL.
  • I have no IP Phone Services with AT&T or IPTV, just standard Internet.

Again just noticed this morning the flashing LEDs,

I haven't called AT&T support yet (in case it's a simple fix) nor have attempted a factory reset (don't want to have to reconfigure the WAN IP Block and all the other settings if I can avoid it)

Any ideas?

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 years ago

Unplug the gateway, wait a little...

Plug power cord in, as soon as the power light goes solid depress and hold the reset button for 10+ seconds. Release the button and check back in about 5 minutes.

The issue is likely corrupt software after a recent update pushed out. The above should resolve the issue.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Did the process twice and no change, still have all three LEDs blinking as described above.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

2 years ago

If you hold the reset button for 10 seconds, you're factory resetting the device, sorry.  I would do this again as a last resort with nothing connected to the gateway.  If the device can't come up properly, you can try using the Att app or tech support website and I believe they are able to to run some basic tests on your line, and if a trouble is found, schedule an appointment. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.