Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
S

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 4:01 PM

Better WIFI needed for WFH

I have a 5268 router, I just self-installed a "new" one a few weeks ago.  Signal strength is still very poor (rated "Fair" at best using the Smart Home Manager app).  My first floor is only about 1800sf. My laptop sometimes has issues connecting even while in the same room as the router.  I also am stuck with a 25M service from AT&T.  Tech says house is too far from Node for 75M service and Fiber is not available in my neighborhood, even though the Node is just North of my house and the sub to the South of my house has fiber.  AGGGGGHHHHH!!  Oh, and I can only get 1-2 bars of cell signal in and around my house and sometimes have to go outside to text!  AAGGGGHHHHHH!!
So, if I'm going to be working from home for the foreseeable future . . .
a. how do I get better Cell service?
b. how do I get Fiber service?
c. how do I get better WIFI in my home?

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

10 days ago

a. and b.  can best be answered by relocation as unlikely the source locations will change, your location will need to for better signal or fiber service.

c. https://www.netspotapp.com/wifi-booster.html

or https://www.cnet.com/news/the-best-mesh-wi-fi-systems-of-2020-eero-orbi-google-nest-netgear/

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 days ago

Use a wired connection for the laptop. 
Purchase a wireless router to improve WiFi coverage.
Turn off the 5.0 WiFi and use 2.4 only.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question