Drenke's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 17th, 2017 6:02 PM

Belkin battery backup

My Belkin backup battery led light is solid red. I think it has died. Do I need this backup anymore? Can I just leave it in place and turn it off?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

462 Messages

7 years ago

It will depend. If you have uverse phone services and if the power goes out you need that for your phone service to still work. If not, you can disconnect that and bring to a recycling center and plug your gateway(modem) directly to an outlet. Robot Happy

• 

1 Message

How do I plug in the gateway modem directly into outlet . what do I need to use as a connection

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

462 Messages

7 years ago

By the way, if you need to have it replaced you can use this....

Belkin at 866-539-5791, or visit their Web site at belkin.com/gatewaybattery

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

7 years ago

Depends. Do you have a lot of power outages??? We don't. Plus we have three cell phones in our home, so can still make calls. And if the battery is really dead or near dead, it could leak, eventually, damaging the Modem/router itself.

I have a new 5286ac Modem/router & asked the last tech about whether or not they have the battery, but at $40 a pop, they don't & apparently do not plan to. He suggested just getting a $20 UPS (Uninterrupted Power Source), looks like a larger power strip, surge protector. and plug the modem into it, doing the same thing. But when I Googled Best Buy, WalMart, Staples, etc. I can find nothing under the $40s and more. But we hardly get outages, some, occasionally, mostly when some drunk hits a pole>>LOL, but rarely lasts long. Now if I could find a UPS in the $20, might get it. Not sure what the minimum power requirement would be to still get DT from our digital voice though.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

7 years ago

If you have the 5286AC Modem, the battery inserts into the bottom, after you open the battery compartment, but at $40 a pop, I'll pass, which is why AT&T is not supplying them.

When I see that $20s UPS, power supply, I'll get one of those, but for now, our power hardly ever goes out, even in yesterdays bad storm, where many did lose  theirs.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I called Belkin, was on the phone for an hour speaking to someone from India or someplace.  They finally figured out what I was calling about and told me that I have to call ATT, and that they would replace the battery free since I was an ATT customer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

was told by ATT today that they do not provide back up for services during power outage.  They gave me a phone number for vendor that sells batteries to ATT customers. 877-466-8646.  I have not called; phone overload...took me 3 hours + to get the info I have now. Exhausted. Gone are the days of getting premier customer service from SW Bell.

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

I know this post is old, but for anyone reading this, if the battery in the Belkin were to leak, it wouldn't damage your modem unless the modem was physically mounted underneath the Belkin UPS.  It would however damage the Belkin unit for sure.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.