Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
bjones95's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, May 19, 2014 7:25 PM

Being DDOS'd, anyway to change IP?

I am buying harrassed via a DDOS. Is there anyway for me to prevent this? I called Uverse support and they are unable to change my IP, if I buy a new router at a ATT store,will that 100% change my ip? Any other way to prevent this?

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.6K Messages

7 years ago

Getting a new router won't change your IP address. I recommend exploring some VPN options, I personally use a VPN service for security reasons, just Goodle it for more information.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Im also being DDoSed and the spesific person DDoSing me has my IP, well a VPN prevent me from being attacked? like, well the vpn block his attacks or is it just a mask?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Using a VPN will just make it look like your traffic is coming from somewhere else. If your main IP address get's ddosed then you will get kicked offline. If you have DSL most of the time they use dynamic ip's. Customers who have Uverse have a static IP.

My question is what are you even doing in the first place to be ddosed?

Get started...

Ask a new question