Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 11, 2018 7:49 PM

battery backup

Why do I have to pay for a battery backup now when I didnt have to do that in the past?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

• 

15.5K Messages

2 years ago

Terms of Service (re: policy) changed:

d. Power and Battery Backup.

The AT&T Equipment may require electrical power from your premises to operate, which you are responsible for providing. If there is a gateway at your premises, AT&T will not provide an initial gateway battery backup unit or an initial backup battery. Any backup battery solution is your responsibility. You may choose to purchase battery backup for your AT&T Equipment from third party manufacturers or retailers. For more information and minimum specifications visit att.com/batterybackup.

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have never had to replace a battery backup for my computer except one time and it was free.  I called ATT today and they said that I would now have to purchase a battery.  I explained my situation to the customer service escalation representative and she spoke with someone else and they said that this one time they would replace the battery for free but after that I will probably have to pay for a new battery.

• 

15.5K Messages

2 years ago

@julie2156 wrote:

I have never had to replace a battery backup for my computer except one time and it was free.  I called ATT today and they said that I would now have to purchase a battery.  I explained my situation to the customer service escalation representative and she spoke with someone else and they said that this one time they would replace the battery for free but after that I will probably have to pay for a new battery.

Did you mean that the BBU you are requesting is for the Uverse RG (modem) and NOT for your computer as you stated?

And what is your "situation" that they agreed to send you a BBU because I'll use that excuse the next time I want a FREE BBU.

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question