Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
N

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 16, 2020 12:01 AM

ATT Wifi Keeps dropping from TV, Smart Plugs

I am having issues with the ATT Wifi Service in my apartment dropping the connection with different devices in my home. Among many other issues we've had with ATT, I've had trouble setting up my smart plugs that connect to Alexa. I've never had a problem with my plugs before with my previous internet provider. But with ATT, I had to go into the wifi router's IP address page and turn off band steering so I could connect the plugs specifically to the 2.4 gHz network. They worked for a little while, but now they are constantly disconnecting. When I go into the smart plug app and refresh, they reconnect, but they continually are going offline between uses. The TV is also disconnecting. I have a Roku TV which I've never had problems with wifi with before, and now every time I turn the TV on I have to manually re-connect to the wifi. 

I'm not sure why these devices keep disconnecting. I'm not sure if this is happening with phones and computers or not too. (We have had issues connecting our computers). Any help appreciated. 

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Make sure the band settings are set correctly for the 802.11eee

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

This was happening to me this

morning with my sons school laptop after getting a new router. 
I had to set the bands to n,g,ac (I believe that’s what it was). I know ac runs on 5ghz so a lot of the newer devices (ten years and younger) will use that band. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.