AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender - AirTies 4920
Accessing your Wi-Fi in every part of your house is no longer a problem with the The AirTies 4920! The AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender helps get a wireless signal to more areas of your home, giving you a better Wi-Fi experience to do what you want, where you want.
Interested? Order the AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender Now! Wondering how it works? Check out our information below!
How it Works
The AirTies connects to a compatible modem, 5268AC or BGW210, and expands the range of your Wi-Fi connection through all areas in your home using Band Steering. Wondering what Band Steering is? We have you covered, just read below!
What is band steering?
Band Steering is a technology that detects devices capable of the 5GHz and 'steers' them to that frequency, leaving the more congested 2.4GHz band and joining the higher capacity 5GHz band.
In a standard environment, most devices just connect to the optimal connection at the time, and stay on that connection. With band steering, compatible devices connect to the frequency providing the highest speed and best connection which minimizes network congestion and frees up the air waves, giving you the fastest connection available.The network name and password must match on the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network.
What is needed for band steering to work?
- An AT&T compatible gateway:
- Single SSID: The SSID name, security type, and settings must match on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz connection
Reasons to use band steering
- Forces connection over to the less congested 5GHz network. 2.4GHz connection is the primary band for most older devices
- Faster connections over the 5GHz connection
- 5GHz offers wider, non-overlapping channels
Things to Know
- Band Steering is like adding a fast lane for your Wi-Fi devices
- New customers 12Mbps and higher will have this capability upon release
- Requires Gateways from AT&T models 5268AC or BGW210
- No action required by customer, the upgrade will occur automatically
- AT&T’s fastest Wi-Fi network allows you to stream, download and surf on your favorite devices at the same time, worry free. As your internet needs evolve to include more devices, computers and smart appliances in the future, so will the AT&T network.
David, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp