For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
amalthea63's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 9:14 PM

AT&T homebase ZTE MF279 not port forwarding

I am trying to port forward my camera with a ddns server.  I have the port forwarding on and the dmz. I have rebooted multiple times and resetting the router.  However when I go to http://canyouseeme.org/ the ports are never open.   Even odder if I go to whatsmyip and http://canyouseeme.org/, they have two different IP address.  How can I fix this?   

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I checked that site for uverse.  It is not available.  I spoke to a sales person at the store about port forwarding on the homebase.  They told me it was not a problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Did you ever figure out a resolution? I have exactly the same issue.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

No, no resolution yet.  If I find one I will post it.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I was also told port forwarding would not be an issue. We're you able to find a resolution @amalthea63?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

No, their only solution via email was for me to pay for a possible solution.   "With AT&T ConnectTech Support Plus, we can solve your problem today and also offer remote technical support anytime in the future for up to four PCs and your network devices, for only $15 per month with a 12-month commitment. And, with our Solution Guarantee, you can cancel the service without penalty within 30 days of purchase, if we cannot provide an effective solution to your first issue. " 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

@ATTCares  We really cannot forward ports on the Homebase? Obviously ATT has disabled this. It's available from the manufacturer. Why can we not forward ports?

Employee

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Interesting, the whole reason I purchased this was to displace Centurylinks's slow DSL and I need to access my cameras.  I tried all combinations for remote access to my home pc as well as my camera system.  I guess I will go back to Centurylink.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

AT&T did, in fact, disable the port forwarding feature. I'm thinking it's due to people who use p2p(peer to peer) software to share files. irregardless - it's a problem and at&t employees need to stop saying whatever it takes to get a sale.

in regards to using cameras with my ZTE mf279, what i have found that works is the following:

i set up my camera system so that i can view its software directly from my laptop(or desktop if you have that). Most likely, all you really need is to connect the camera systems DVR to the ZTE modem. well, since the modem only has 1 Ethernet port, you'll need to insert a simple switch into the mix.

once you've got the ZTE modem connected to the switch, simply connect the camera DVR to the switch as well. now you've got more ports to work for Ethernet. you can either connect the laptop(or desktop) directly to the switch via Ethernet or use it via wifi from the ZTE modem. I chose direct connection via Ethernet for faster video response.

once you have all that in place, simply download a free copy of "teamviewer" and you can use that to log into your laptop/desktop to view your cameras.

is it the most efficient method? of course not. but us country folks who have no access to mainstream broad band(without paying hughesnet $50/month for 10gig) have to figure other ways around it.

the ZTE has unlimited data.

the switch provides you with multiple options for connecting OTHER devices.

teamviewer provides you with remote access AROUND at&t's crappy excuse for country broadband & its free!

teamviewer even has a phone app so you can view your cameras ON your laptop remotely while you are far from home. basically anything your laptop can tap into - can be yours...

if any of this confusing, hit me up with questions. I'm a former at&t premise technician who enjoys circumventing technology when possible. tsunami2397@gmail.com

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just to be clear, I've done my research on this and it does appear as though AT&T disabled this feature on this device. This is confirmed in another thread, where an AT&T employee is similarly dismissive and acting as though the disabling of a basic networking feature is remotely acceptable - while they charge us full price, no less!

We are a business. Not having port forwarding is flatly unacceptable, and we will be canceling our service if this cannot be rectified - it's that simple. We have infrastructure that we need to access, and in order to do that, we need to be able to forward ports to these devices. I will be looking into internet alternatives today, as I am now fully aware of why none of our port forwarding settings work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@tsunami2397 You have unlimited data on your ZTE MF279?  So I won't be able to utilize port forwarding to try to problem solve Mobile DVR on my DirecTV HR54 then?  As per this post: https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Apps/Mobile-DVR-Port-Forwarding/td-p/5089465

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.