For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
D

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 24th, 2021 5:55 PM

ASUS AC-5300 with BGW 210-700 Setup as Router

I need assistance walking through the proper way to set up my ASUS AC5300 router with the att gateway modem BGW 210-700. Been reading about cascading routers/ip passthrough but can't quite get one method to go about setting this up. Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

• DO NOT enable the Cascaded Router feature.
  • DO enable the IP Passthrough feature (Allocation mode: Passthrough, Passthrough mode: Fixed) targeting your ASUS router.
  • DO disable your Wi-Fi on the Gateway to get it out of the way.
  • DO ensure that your ASUS uses a LAN subnet other than the 192.168.1.0/24 that the AT&T Gateway uses.

More information here:

Configuring IP Passthrough and DMZplus - AT&T Internet Support

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So do I have to reset my gateway before doing all of this while it is plugged into ASUS?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

I would probably do a factory reset of your Gateway before beginning.  Sometimes the NVRAM configuration is left in a funny state, it seems to work for most things, but IP Passthrough and Port Forwarding can do strange things, better just to clear that out of the way as an issue up front.

Then connect the WAN port of the ASUS to any LAN port of the Gateway, and do the configuration of the IP Passthrough.  After doing that, power them both off, and bring the Gateway up, followed by the ASUS.  The ASUS should show the Public Dynamic IP as its WAN address.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.