Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
OhioRandy's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Mon, Jul 27, 2015 7:24 PM

Arris NVG589 Modem: ATTs Best?? OR is there a better one on the Market??

To start, Im not a total tech saavy person but i know enough to b dangerous.  I currently have the Arris NVG589 and we have wireless signal problems and also pixelation on our TV service on ALL of our TVs (Wireless or ethernet).  I have read that there is such a problem between these modems and picture quality on this board.  We have had ATT here numerous times and they have replaced lines did this or did that to improve signal and picture quality to no avail.  Ive also had the main board replaced (Not cheap but, under warranty) on my 65" Toshiba tv initially thinking it was a tv problem and only related to that tv, only to find out it was ALL our Tvs in the house, and all are less than 2 years old. So it goes back to the "Modem" issue again and replacement.   Is the Arris NVG589 the most current model that ATT offers?  Is there a better one on the market that could possibly alleviate these problems?  Oh, I have a 1200 square ft. house, so coverage area for wireless isnt the problem because its so small.  Thank you so much for any anticipated help in solving this mystery. 

rdljr

Guru

• 

921 Messages

6 y ago

Try turning off the IPv6. Go to 192.168.1.254 and click on home network then configure and switch it off.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Going thru the threads, i had seen this also as a possible solution but when I did it.  It shut down my modem, I had nothing.

rdljr

Guru

• 

921 Messages

6 y ago

I would send a PM to @ATTU-verseCare and ask for them to send you a new modem. If you're lucky, you'll get a NVG599, but it will probably be another NVG589.
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.