Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jul 30, 2019 12:40 AM

Arris BGW-210 1.9.16 Firmware issues?

I had an install of Gigabit service on Saturday. After everything was connected the installer mentioned there was an issue with the Arris BGW-210 1.9.16 firmware that prevented full gigabit speeds. He also mentioned someone he installed for recently downgraded the firmware and solved the speed issues. I am averaging anywhere from 400-600 both on the download and upload.

However, when I do the speedtest from the built in web interface, I get ~890 upload and ~960 download. 

I have tested plugged directly in to the modem's Ethernet, and still get the same 400-600 speeds. Before moving all of my equipment got 980 speeds on our gigabit internet.  

Are there any known issues with the Arris firmware and gigabit right now? Before getting on the phone with support i'd like to know if there is any truth to what the install tech was saying. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

6 months ago

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32323881-BGW210-Firmware-1-9-14-15-16

Page 9 has a link to the latest firmware 1.10.9

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.