Stringrazor's profile

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 10:10 PM

Any way to View Incoming Caller ID Other Than STB or Phone?

I know I can see the caller ID on a STB-connected TV or a capable phone. Is there any way I can see who is calling from a network connection to the RG other than phone or STB? I know I can see the call log on the RG after the fact but I'd like to see it as the call is coming in since I'm often not near a TV or wired phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Kordova - I looked up the voice setting - the code is 162.
Press the menu button
handset - #162
base -#*162
If you do it on the handset it does just that handset. If you do the base it does the whole system.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Stringrazor - Many phone have voice caller ID. I have one & think it is great.
Here are a couple more -
http://www.telnote.com/
http://www.phonetray.com/

Never forget - Google is your best friend (source).

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, but let me be more specific: Is they any way I can see the ID w/o buying h/w?  From a browser or computer app?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Stringrazor - I believe - no.

All the free apps are based on leaving a message. If you can allow it to go to voicemail, then you can see it on your computer & other devices via app or browser. Maybe you can petition att for enhancing to trigger on ring.

There was a free version of phonetray (did not see it today) But you need a phone modem. If you have one or can get one dirt cheap, you can find out if there is a free version available.

If you have video input on your computer (or can get it dirt cheap etc,) connect it to the STB output.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

11 years ago

OK, thanks. That's what I thought. I know I can see the ID after the call has ended but that doesn't help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Aviewer- OMG, I hate my speaking caller ID so much. I wish I could turn it off but Panasonic doesn't appear to allow you to do so.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Kordova - Well, I had to turn it on, so I must be able to turn it off. I will look up the code & post it. If you post your phone model I will look up the manual.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.