Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Jun 9, 2019 9:26 PM

ambient temperature for the ATT router 5268AC Pace router

My unit was installed for Fixed Wireless Internet in my rural metal building.  However, it was placed in the upstairs attic in the winter.

Now as summer approaches I have already recorded a temperature of 104 degrees, which the specs say is its maximum operating temperature.  I am assuming this will be a problem and either shut it down or damage it.  Should I be calling to have it moved to a downstairs location?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

Specs say Temperature: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C). 

I am assuming this will be a problem and either shut it down or damage it.

Maybe worry about fire too.

Putting the gateway where you cannot easily get to it is not recommended anyhow.  There are times when you need to get to it for reboots or just to see what the status lights are indicating.  I think you should call tech support to see if they can move it to a more accessible location.  There may be a $99 service charge for this but I would argue that it was the installer's idea to place it where he did in the first place which he shouldn't have done.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

a year ago

Thank you for your reply.  

Get started...

Ask a new question