jClephas's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 13th, 2018 2:36 AM

AirTies 4920 - Ethernet ports

Set everything up and the wifi is fine. Trying to use the Ethernet ports on the back and there is no internet.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have one port directly connected to the modem and was wondering if I can use the other port to connect to a switch 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm not sure but it's worth a try. I don't know of any reason it shouldn't
work. If the port is active for another device it should work.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

it did work.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I was having a problem with my AirTies 4920; it refused to connect to my gateway wirelessly. I was able to use a hard-wired Ethernet connection to get the 4920 paired with my gateway, then shut off, moved, plugged the 4920 into an available Ethernet port in my house (through a switch), then turned it back on. Only then would it would actually connect with the gateway,. Now it is a true wifi extender. Too bad neither AT&T nor AirTies could state that clearly.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

ATT actually installed mine and hardwired them to the modem. Yes they work
great

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had this problem for sometimes. But I found a work around. First conect with the ethernet cabel to a pc. Open Control panel -> Network and Internet -> network connections. If the ethernet connection doesnt show try refresh or another pc. I had to change pc. It would say that there is no internet but you have connection. Simpley disabel the connection and reanabel. I also change the ethernet connection form 1 to 2 on the air4920. I belive the ethernet port gets blocked because of the mesh is the "best way", but im not sure.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.