Cyber Week Deals: Get $800 off the Google Pixel 6 Pro with FREE Google Pixel A Series White Earbuds!
P

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Apr 25, 2021 8:33 PM

5268AC Green Date Cable

I am a new AT&T U-verse customer and have the 5268AC modem/router. My apartment only has one dsl/broadband outlet and I need a longer version of the green data cable included with the U-verse install kit. It has a phone cord end from the wall side and to plug in the to 5268AC modem itself. I need a 50ft version of that wire in white if possible so any link to something that would work for me would be appreciated.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

25.5K Messages

7 m ago

You can order the cable at the link below.  They have 25, 50, and 100 foot lengths:

https://cablesondemand.com/cat5e-2-pair-rj11-data-cable-at-t-u-verse-verizon-fios-data-cable-cat5e-pbx-patch-cable-with-6p6c-rj11-connectors-straight-thru-mp-52rj11unne-002

It probably won't be green, though. :-)

• 

4 Messages

7 m ago

That link you provided is not correct it looks like a standard ethernet cord and I need one that looks like a phone line.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.2K Messages

7 m ago

So is it the DSL/Broadband port you need a new cable for?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

25.5K Messages

7 m ago

Yes, @plope125 , that is essentially the same cable as I referenced above: A twisted pair cable with RJ11 ends.  That will hook your green broadband port to the wall jack.

• 

4 Messages

7 m ago

Yeah the complex only offers DSL the only output is in the living room area and i need the modem in another room. Its the size of a normal phone wire.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.2K Messages

7 m ago

Know that frustration. Housemate turned only the outlet in his room capable of receiving internet to the Gateway (so no data loss to the other ports) as that was the 2nd best placement to minimize Ethernet cables where people walk. The best place would be at my computer (especially for the WiFi as is central location), but there is no outlet there and is an inside wall so would take a bit to have someone install.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.3K Messages

7 m ago

this CAT5e 2-pair data cable with RJ11 connectors has proven popular withAT&T U-Verse and Verizon FiOS customers who need to extend the length of the data connection between the wall jack and their cable/dsl modem.

Right cable, other companies may offer same in different color if not wanting beige

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.