Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
1cubs24fan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 10, 2017 8:40 PM

3rd party modem compatibility

I have the Arris NVG510 uverse modem and am wanting to know what modem's are compatible with those? I only have home phone and internet. Spoke to ATT Jan 7th 2017 and they said I could buy my own and if I sent in the one I got from ATT I could have the $7 fee took off my bill. (confirmed by 2 managers) Been paying $7 per month for two years and never paid it much attention  They said this is now an option so Id like to know what type of modem to I need to buy to make sure it works. Thanks

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

5年前

@1cubs24fan

There aren't any compatible retail U-verse wireless gateways available for purchase. Any U-verse gateway that you find online is likely stolen/unreturned rental equipment. While they're telling you that if you purchased one, they'll remove the fee, I wouldn't put full trust in that. There have been people who purchased U-verse gateways off say, eBay before, who had much difficulty getting the gateway fee removed. For a while now, AT&T started charging the rental fee to basically everyone(except for the few who still have their original equipment they purchased). Customers like yourself used to have the option to purchase their gateway for $100, but that is no longer an option. There's also no way of telling what equipment online was actually purchased or not. There is also a slim chance of actually getting the fee waived, so I wouldn't count on it, to be honest with you.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.