Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Jmill233's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tue, Oct 27, 2015 1:44 PM

2wire modem reset password

I went to the page online to reset my 2wire modem password. Typed in the key from the sticker side and it tells me the password is not correct. I clicked on the "forgot password" and it gives the the hint of it's on the lable. Still does not work. How do I fix this?

Responses

bubbagscotch

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

6 y ago

if that didn't work, you need to use a pencil or pen to reset your gateway. Press the pinhole on the back of that modem/router for 30 seconds. When it boots up then you'll be able to use the password that's on the sticker. If you encounter any other issues let us know.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Just reset modem as stated in your comment. Still can not access modem setting on web site 192.168.1.254, saying password is not correct.

bubbagscotch

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

6 y ago

It should be the default password on the sticker. Remeber that to log into your modem is a different password than the one for your wifi .

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

There is a default Key xxxxxxx63x

And Device Access Code xxxxxxx96x

Neither one works.

bubbagscotch

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

6 y ago

Another thing you can try is deleting the SSID from the registry of your laptop or device and trying again see if that clears it up and connects.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

I have an Imac 27", no regestry.

bubbagscotch

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

6 y ago

On a mac you have to click on the SSID and click to "delete this connection" or "forget this connection" can't remember what it says on the mac. Then try logging in to the SSID again.

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

6 y ago

Another option to try.. go to 2wires support site (or whomever makes your modem) and download the users/owners manual (modem, router, whatever it is) and read it to see if maybe the default password might be something differant from what was posted on the sticker.

Frankly, what you posted sounds like the default Network sessin id and password, not the derive login  password...     In fact, try this...   The default login and password for most routers is Admin,  with either no password,   or the password is password, or the password is admin.

still, get your manual, to verify.. and do what it says. That was just off the top of my head.

AND, it should have been posted on the sticker on your device, but hey, nothing is perfect.

Good luck.

bubbagscotch

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

6 y ago

ok one last thing, what model number is that 2 wire router/modem combo that you have? We might be able to give you better advice if we know which model you're using.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Strange things going on. The 2Wire wifi is very unreliable and is why I was trying to gain access. I went to the website, when I said no password would work, and had toggled over to disable modem. But with no password being accepted I did not think it went into effect. On your last comment of "forget this network" I pulled up my network settings and it is no longer showing as even a background network. So, I am assuming that it is in fact turned off. It still does not accept my password, but I'm happy it is not messing up my internet connection any more. Thank you for your help.

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

6 y ago

Mac's, gotta love them to death! Your classic, love/hate relationship! (I find, sledge hammers, and clubs work well for that!)

Nothing else works like a Mac, and usually for good reason!

Seriously though, glad yo got it working (or in this case NOT working) and can now do what it was you were trying to do, that the 2 wire device was preventing from happening.

Gotta say, when it comes to Mac's, I seem to be totally clueless.

Get started...

Ask a new question