For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Snafoo's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 3:40 PM

2 XBOX One's on Pace 5268AC

Until 2 weeks ago I had 2 Xbox Ones connected to WRT54GS running Tomato 1.28 via Bridge mode from an NVG589 AT&T gateway. Everything was working fine until it wasn't. I called support and they said my router was broke and they would send me replacement asap. So 3 days no gaming. The replacement router was a Pace 5268AC. I put it in place of the NVG589 and set it to DMZ to the WRT54GS without issues. This worked for one week. On 11/13/15 my son told me he couldn't connect to his friends xbox live games and that his NAT was STRICT. I checked my xbox and it was STRICT as well.

So far I have reset both routers to factory default and put my previously working configuration back on both routers but now it doesn't work.

I tried setting up 1 xbox straight to the gateway alone = Strict NAT

I put 1 xbox in DMZPlus alone = Strict NAT

I tried a newer ASUS RT-N12 router as DMZPlus with 1 xbox = Strict NAT

I tried port forwarding 1 xbox alone on ASUS RT-N12 as DMZPlus = Moderate NAT

53 UDP & TCP

80 TCP

88 UDP

500 UDP

3074 UDP & TCP

3075 UDP & TCP - for COD Black Ops III

3544 UDP

4500 UDP

I tried port triggering 1 xbox on ASUS RT-N12 as DMZPlus = Strict NAT

I tried 1 xbox on ASUS RT-N12 as DMZPlus with UPnP enabled = Strict NAT

I've just about run out of things to try. I search the web and found all the posted solutions but most are for NVG routers. The most similar models I have found to what I have is the 2Wire and the solutions I found do not work for me.

Am I missing something. Setting up the NVG589 was easy to do with the WRT54GS as internal router.

Any suggestions you can give is greatly appreciated.

I have not called support yet but plan to this afternoon but confidence is low.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Calling local cable company.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

Make sure that your local cable company provides a gateway with UPnP capability.  If not, you'll be back in the same position.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I'm having a problem with 2 Xbox ones on my pace 5268ac.

i was able to assign a static ip to my main Xbox, but when I try to port forward on my secondary Xbox it says the ports are being used already. So how do I change my second xboxs nat to open?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

HI @Robotofsociety,

Port forwarding only allows for ports to go to one device. It is not possible to forward the same port to multiple devices. To resolve the issue, you can get a 3rd party router with uPnP support and attach it to ours.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

"Port forwarding only allows for ports to go to one device. It is not possible to forward the same port to multiple devices. To resolve the issue, you can get a 3rd party router with uPnP support and attach it to ours." -ATTU-verseCare I have the 5268AC gateway and been trying to get Open NAT types on 2 different Xbox's in my house that get utilized at the same times when me and my daughter play different times of day. My understanding is that you can not accomplish this simply by Port Forwarding, Triggering, or DMZ.. I've heard you can accomplish this with a Static IP block but I still don't understand how that will help. How does having a static IP block make it possible to run 2 xbox consoles on the same network, thru the same gateway and router make that possible to have Open NAT on the consoles (At the SAME time)? Also, I read that uPnP can also running a router BEHIND your ATT gateway.. how? Like I said earlier, I have the 5268AC (Pace I believe) gateway.. I just purchased a Asus RT-AC1200 Dual Band Router with uPnP capabilities. Have only been able to achieve "Strict" NAT on both Xbox consoles. Which firewall do I disable? The ATT gateway or the ASUS router behind it? And when that's done, then what?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I'm going to have to jump in on this as I have a similiar problem - I have the newer 5286AC Model gateway and we have been AT&T complete customers (Uverse/DirecTv, wireless & interenet) for many years now.  We used to have the 2wire modem and it worked great - had 3 xbox 360's in my household.  Then it died, and we were upgraded to the 5286AC back in March.  Tech had to come out a couple times but got everything resolved (We primarily play Destiny in our household together) 

Fast forward to this month when we upgraded to two Xbox Ones in anticipation of the September 20th release of Rise of Iron (both the last model as well as the One-S).  The reason I am on this thread today is that we cannot connect to each other's fireteam in Destiny. This is extremely frustrating.   This should not be an issue but apparently it is.  I can tell you that if the tech comes out and looks at my setup and cannot resolve it because I have to invest in additional hardware and/or static addresses, I WILL SWITCH PROVIDERS.

I suggest instead of some panned response that you quickly escalate this to your higher ups and get a solution - new modem, free IPs for this botched design, etc.

With a bundle of services and multiple lines for family members, I'm coughing up ~$400 per month.  I'm not coughing up more monthly fees for a failed design.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

So I'm going to continue my previous post in a more productive manner (as oppossed to an unhappy rant) in the hope that some find it helpful.

After several days of trial and error with the Pace settings, including a visit by a techinician, here is what I have found (and please keep in mind this is Destiny oriented):

[And as an aside it would be nice if tech support jumped in with something helpful]

[Please note that one Xbox One was kept in a wireless connection setting and the other as a wired connection.  We had the most success with this setup. The wireless was the one we modulated to different NAT settings within the PACE settings environment] .

1) The Pace allows for a port forwarding setting known as "Allow All Individual Applications" - this gives you a "NAT Open" setting on the Xbox.  On this setting, found under the "Firewall" tab, then "Applications, Pinholes & DMZ", you choose your Xbox (I recommend you change the names so you know which is which), and then from the application list select "Xbox One" This will give this Xbox a NAT open setting, and a public IP address. (Only one device can receive this setting).

2) You can then assign a setting known as "DMZ plus" mode to the 2nd Xbox.  This assigns a NAT Moderate setting to this Xbox. (Only one device can have this setting)

3) In theory, this should be enough so that your Xbox's work together within the multiplayer and/or Destiny environment.  However, the crux is that both Xbox's get assigned the same public IP address.  This creates havok within at least the Destiny environement.  What we found from testing was that the DMZ Plus setting Xbox was getting kicked out of the fireteam on a regular basis.

4)With some addtional trial and error, we found that "clearing the MAC address" under the Xbox One network settings AND resetting that specifc Xbox One (in this case, again, we rotated settings on the wirelessly connected Xbox) we COULD intermittently connect and hold a stable fireteam connection. This was not always successful, and took up a lot of time to try and establish.

5) Unfortunately, as mentioned, this was fleeting.  We are unable to consistently hold a stable fireteam connection within the same household network.  In an answer to the above post by Houston's Birdman,  I see that part of the problem is that both Xbox's need their own assign public IP, which explains why purchasing a Static IP block may work. (At least within Destiny, perhaps within other multiplayer environments, which were not tested) 

6)I fear that purchasing my own 3rd party router and then running a line from each Xbox to (no easy feat, as one Xbox is on the 2nd floor, one on the 1st, and then the modem is in the basement) still means that I can only assign ONE port forwarding public IP address to the router, which leaves me in the same boat as I am now, just around $100 lighter.

In summary, this is an UNACCEPTABLE situation that AT&T has left me in with this pi ss-poor design of the PACE 5286AC Modem.  We SHOULD be able to apply port forwarding settings to as many devices as we like, and at least have SEVERAL IP ADDRESSES from which to work with.

I will be reviewing my options with another internet provider in order to try to rectify my households needs.  I hope that others find this information helpful before they devote time and energy and dollars to try to fix a problem that cannot be rectified.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Hello All!

If you are reading this then you are another victim of the unbearable stress of trying to configuring 2 XBONEs on the wonderful ATT U-verse internet service accessed via the Pace 5268AC. I am truly sorry for your stress, anger and pain.

First I have to say I am very pleased with my internet speed and cost. I have very fast service at a reasonable price with almost no down time.

The 2 or more XBONEs on same network conundrum ...

To anyone who says they have a working setup or configuration I say "Phooey!"

I have/am working in the enterprise networking field for 20+ years and I have tried everything. Really. The couple of configurations I did get to work were only short term. Once the lease expires on the IP or the router was reset for some reason all was lost again. I spent over 100 hours working on this issue myself. 

My suggestion to you all  ...

You will not solve this problem with extra routers, DMZ or wireless connections. Period. The Pace 5268AC will not allow the configuration you want and need to facilitate the correct operation and connection of multiple XBONEs on a residential network. Just spend the $15 for the external IP addresses and be done with it.

After purchasing the external IP addresses everything is painless. Each XBONE have an external IP address and there are absolutely no issues connecting to multiplayer games together. It just works. No stressing or conflicts when one XBONE is Strict or Moderate and the other is OPEN. No more rushing to connect first so your NAT is OPEN. This really is the solution.

I hope this helps others who are struggling with this problem.

Snafoo-

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

To Snafoo

I appreciate your candor and dedication to trying to help with the issue, but the solution, unfortunately, is B S.  We SHOULD NOT have to cough up more money to fix a failed service.  Gaming through an internet connection is as much a legitimate service as is using Netflix or UTube and we should not expect crappy hardware designs that prevent this from AT&T.  It needs to be resolved.  I will unfortunately unlikely be around as I will be looking for a new service that supports my complete household entertainment needs, which in this case includes gaming/Xbox.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Is that 15 bucks more a month or 15 bucks period
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.