For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 5:58 PM

Yahoo Terms & Conditions Change FAQs

EmailSupport.png

Why did I receive a pop-up or an email notification from Oath about the Oath Terms of Service?

AT&T and Yahoo (at the time) work together to provide email related services. Oath is updating its terms of service because in 2017, Yahoo was acquired by Verizon, which combined the Yahoo business with AOL and formed a new company, known as Oath. 

What do I need to do?

Review the updated Oath terms of service and decide whether you choose to accept. If you choose to accept their updated terms of service, your AT&T email will continue to work as it does now.  If you chose not to accept the terms of service, your AT&T email will continue to work as it does now, but in the future your service could be impacted.  We do not know when or how it may be impacted, but you can visit Oath’s FAQ page to learn more.  The full URL for the Oath FAQs is https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/guce/faq/index.html

Will my email address change?

No, your email address will not change.  You will still be able to utilize your email address as usual.

Will my email account maintain the same functionality?

Yes, you can still send and receive emails, as well as access all other mail-related features. You can keep using your existing email address to send and receive emails just as you do today.

Do I need to cancel or modify my AT&T email service? 

No, there is no need to cancel any AT&T email service. It remains active and functional.

Will this Terms of Service announcement from Oath affect my ability to sign in to att.net?

No, you’ll continue to be able to use your email address to sign in to att.net.

Is there an option for me to not accept the Oath Terms of Service?

Yes.  When you receive the pop-up entitled “New Privacy and Terms,” you have the option to not accept by clicking on “I’ll do this later.”  And when you receive the email notification from Oath, you have the option of not clicking the button called “Review and agree now,” closing the email and disregarding the message.

What happens if I choose not to accept the Oath Terms of Service?

If you chose not to accept the terms of service, your AT&T email will continue to work as it does now, but in the future your service could be impacted.

Is there a way for me to opt out of having Oath use my email data for targeted advertising?

Yes.  If users want to opt out of having their email data used by Oath for targeted advertising, they may do so.  Users can do this by hovering over the ‘gear’ symbol in the upper right corner of the mail user interface on a PC or Mac, clicking on ‘About our Ads’ and then clicking on ‘Manage interest-based advertising categories, or opt-out of all categories, from Oath’.  This will take the user to the Yahoo Ad Interest Manager page, where the user can select the Opt Out button.  The full URL for the Ad Interest Manager webpage is https://aim.yahoo.com/aim/us/en/optout/.

What if I have questions about the provisions of the Oath Terms of Service?

For more information please visit Oath’s FAQs.  The full URL for the Oath FAQs is https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/guce/faq/index.html

If I accept the Oath Terms of Service, must I do so on each device that I use?

No, if you choose to accept the Oath terms of service, you can do this via your desktop, mobile and/or tablet device; It only needs to be accepted once.

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am not able to view my emails either - there are no option on the OATH popup.... help!

Teacher

• 

76 Messages

6 years ago

With regard to this new TOS your say "If you chose not to accept the terms of service, your AT&T email will continue to work as it does now, but in the future your service could be impacted."   

"Impacted" is pretty vague.   Also, which service (or services) are you talking about?  

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

6 years ago

If you read the anti-privacy policy they want you to agree to there is a link in that policy that will take you to a page where you can opt-out of some of the privacy piracy they are trying to force on you.  However as far as I can tell they still reserve the right to access and use anything in your emails or attachments.  So your only real option is to find another email service that actually wants to keep their customers.  There are many you can find with a search online for free or paid email services.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

If I accept these terms of service, am I agreeing to letting Oath scan my email for the purpose of sending targeted advertising?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I can not for Privacy reasons allow you to read my client emails and attachments. IRS Section 7216 requires permission direct from the individual which I will never ask them for.  I have a tax business and this is going to require me to seek another provider. I will have to start making everyone aware of the personal information you are specifically stating you will intrude on. You have provided no way to opt out of your intrusion and continue service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Why is AT&T paying Verizion to maintain it's email server is beyond me ! Customer Support for 3rd party clients is minimal and there is no reason to assume the support services are going to get better.  Also if the server get hacked who is responsible ? this leads to an unreasonable service that has targeted advertising from a competitor...

maybe using some of the billions you make to create your own server would be prudent

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Why is AT&T paying Verizion to maintain it's email server is beyond me ! Customer Support for 3rd party clients is minimal and there is no reason to assume the support services are going to get better.  Also if the server get hacked who is responsible ? this leads to an unreasonable service that has targeted advertising from a competitor...

maybe using some of the billions you make to create your own server would be prudent

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I have swbell.net. I have logged into att.net and starting yesterday, It has been redirecting me to a yahoo login for me to login a second time. I have cleared my cookies and cache. Prior to this the email had a popup for yahoo asking me to agree to terms for a third party. I did not click on this I just bypassed it. But now, when I login to att.net. I can see that I am logged in by the mail symbol. When I click on the mail symbol it asked me to login to Yahoo.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Why was I forced to accept Yahoo! Oath  "Terms of Service" (which includes allowing them to mine my data) in order to log into my att.net e-mail?  And I was "forced" as I was online with AT&T help, which told me I had to click "accept" to log in.   Does AT&T get royalty from Yahoo! for that?  I don't like it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I find the OATH TOS unacceptable.    I'm darn tired of being taken advantage of for advertiser money.  I am YOUR customer not Yahoo's advertisers.  

IMHO, Yahoo just hasn't figured out that with this move they just made themselves unusable.  If Yahoo feels the need to scan my emails, to sell the data to advertisers, to market to me, they aren't operating in my best interests.

Please, AT&T, step up and take back your own E-Mail service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.