Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
katy_rose1984's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, May 25, 2012 6:10 PM

Yahoo Mail Password Reset

When I signed up for Uverse a number of months ago, AT&T merged my 15 year old yahoo email account with my At&t ID.  Problem is, the att.net email and yahoo.com email are not truly linked.  My yahoo mail log in password does not match up with my att.net mail password.  I tried setting a new password through the At&t account management site as instructed, but my yahoo password still has not changed.  Ack!  I have spend an hour of my work time trying to change a password on a basic yahoo email account and do not have another hour to waste sitting on the phone trying to contact At&t tech support.  HELP!!!

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I too spent many frustating hours last night trying to resolve the same issue.  The Web Assistance number mentioned in the previous reply 1-877-312-5550ext. 4 was the way

to go. 

I found out the problem was that I had two different AT&T log in user names.

I was using the user name associated with att.net /yahoo accounts without success but what I should have done was used the user name I had associated with sbcglobal.net which was an email i had with AT&T before I subscribed to Uverse.

After resettting the password for the correct sbcglobal.net user name I was able to log in to my yahoo email with the same password.

Thanks everyone for the helpful messages.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I keep getting  Authentication is required but it does not accept my password, so how do I get around this Have not had update on email since Aug.26th

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

the link you provided does not work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I received a fishing email for a long time, then suddenly my email stopped working and I was unable to send or receive emails. i tried to reach yahoo and Bellsouth but somehow i was not able to reach them then i search my problem in google then i found a couple of website with good articles and i was following them and i got my problem fixed

5 ways to recover yahoo, Bellsouth, sbcglobal  email accounts | Reset

Yahoo Bellsouth Customer Service Phone Number

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.