Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
gadair2004's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jun 13, 2016 7:29 PM

Yahoo email password change

I have a yahoo email account that I want to change the password on. I am directed to ATT and informed that I must sign in to an sbcglobal.net email account that is inactive. I can't login there and forgot the sbcglobal.net password anyway.  How do I contact live ATT chat or how do I get to change my Yahoo email password? How do I reactivate the sbcglobal.net account if it is inactive if I just want to change my Yahoo password? I have spent 2 hours going in circles. I should be able to simply change my Yahoo password without all this trouble. So far it's been a complete failure. Can anyone Please help?

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @gadair2004,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. Unfortunately, once they are linked they can not be un-linked. If you give us a call at 1.800.288.2020, then one of our agents should be able to assist you in changing the sbcglobal password.

-ATTDSLCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

gadair, I feel for you. It can't be done. ATTDSL CARE does not know what he is talking about. I challenge anyone from ATT to contact me and show me how I can change my ATT/Yahoo mail password. They have screwed it up so bad, they can't even figure out how to do it. I have been through the same thing for weeks now. My Yahoo account has been hacked and is sending out spam to all my contacts. I called ATT directly. They connected me to someone that said he was a "third party vendor" and that he could stop the hackers and shut down the email account for $99.99. Really!? When I protested, he said, well you can call Yahoo and maybe they can do it for free. The number he gave me was disconnected.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I have the same problem. My Yahoo account is hacked. They got my Amazon account, HBO, Netflix, Uber and many others. I changed the passwords on most of those accounts but they keep getting them. Many of them, I've now gone to a new email address from another company because I cannot fix my yahoo account. If I click forgot password on my yahoo account, it takes me to my att account where I change my password for the 100th time and it does NOTHING to my yahoo account. I receive about 80 mailer daemon failures every 6-12 hours so I know they still have access to the account. They keep getting into my Amazon account, even though I've changed the password to it and have gone through their fraud line to fix it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Has anyone found an answer to this problem? My yahoo account has been hacked, sending out spam emails to my contact list. When I try to change my Yahoo password I get redirected to my AT&T account which, when I change password, does not change my Yahoo password. Tried AT&T support, but they are no help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.